DVDVR Message Board

October 2021 Wrestling Discussion

1 hour ago, Kropotkin's Beard said:

The lowest wrestling crowd at the Budokan in the COVID era which almost certainly means the lowest wrestling crowd there ever. NOAH drew twice that when they ran there in February. Stardom also did over 3,300 there in March. NJPW have run their 3 times in the COVID era & crowds have gone from 3,564 for the 2020 Best of Super Juniors/World Tag League Finals to 3,026 for the 49th Anniversary show in March to 2,088 for the 2nd last night of the G1, headlined by an Okada singles match. It's kind of amazing how bad the company has reacted to COVID.

But how are they in the key demo?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

31.26 - that one I got at the end was “unmasked after lost to steiners”. Can’t believe it took me that long to get it. 

12:27 for me, but I make copious use of the "Check grid" function, so it probably doesn't count.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Im still giddy that Manny went on to become Don Eladio.

14 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Whenever someone brings up Steven Bauer, I remember how my friend Dan made fun of his wooden acting in Raising Cain. 

He had  a good run on Ray Donovan as a former member of Mossad (!) working under Ray.

He was not so good on Queen of the South, playing a wackjob drug lord with voodoo tendencies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

That's so much more rewarding than the comments from people thanking me for posting hot hot headscissors or whatever.

Sorry, but those were also Ricky Starks.

• Haha 5

On 10/18/2021 at 4:58 PM, Craig H said:

It may be the Austin fan in me, but I had always hoped that with so much time off that he would have been able to let his body recover like HBK's. Even around the time there were rumors of a Punk vs Austin match, Austin was saying at that time that he was in the best shape of his life and had never felt better.

He did say that wrestling is such a drug that it makes you not want to give it up, but after so many years of being away that it had washed out of his system and he no longer felt the pull to go back to it. I can understand that. Plus, he's been successful with his other business/media ventures. So yeah, why kill yourself all over again for Vince when it's abundantly clear that you're not going to get booked like how you should. 

I'm an Austin fan too but I've been fine with Austin never returning for another match the same about Shawn with both retirements. Don't get me wrong when Shawn came back in 02 , I was glad to see him back wrestling at the same level as before and even after that first match back, I had no clue he'd be back working a full-time TV schedule.

When Austin said his Neck was fine and he hasn't had another match by choice was a shock to me because I always thought his neck was the reason he never returned. 

I'm weird because guys like Edge or Christian I always wished that they could return. that Royal Rumble return was one of the best moments in recent history and I think if the pandemic hadn't happened, that Mania Match with Orton would've been better. It hurt his run that match, the rematch was okay but that lead to him getting hurt. Christians run has been much better than Edges even though it's not really Edges fault that just some bad luck. I will say that he's booked himself pretty well and I don't have any problems with him booking himself in top angles like the Elitd in AEW

1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

I will say that he's booked himself pretty well and I don't have any problems with him booking himself in top angles like the Elitd in AEW

How much booking power do you believe Christian has

Edit: my mistake, I completely misread your post. I thought you meant "I don't have any problems with Christian booking himself in top angles vs. The Elite" and was confused as hell.

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath

Just because folks mention the men's one - I might as well mention that the PWI Women's 150 is out.

The Top 5 is

1) Bianca Belair
2) Utami Hayashishita
3) Deonna Purrazzo
4) Britt Baker
5) Thunder Rosa

I was gonna joke that clearly the women won't work themselves into a shoot like the men did but then I remembered that Natalya had social media

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Just because folks mention the men's one - I might as well mention that the PWI Women's 150 is out.

The Top 5 is

1) Bianca Belair
2) Utami Hayashishita
3) Deonna Purrazzo
4) Britt Baker
5) Thunder Rosa

I was gonna joke that clearly the women won't work themselves into a shoot like the men did but then I remembered that Natalya had social media

6-10 is:

Sasha Banks

Syuri

Io Shirai

Tam Nakano

Raquel Gonzalez