Master of the house, keeper of the zoo
Ready to relieve 'em of a sou or two

Someone with better photoshop skills than me needs to put Sid's face here:

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by cwoy2j
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 10/10/2021 at 3:20 AM, L_W_P said:

So rewatching Hunt For Red October (it's that time of year) and Sean Connory and Sam Neill got me thinking; What's the best/worst fake accent in wrestling?

Guys like Kofi and Santino were asked to put on accents for their gimmicks and, for the most part, they were believable.

For those of you that were fans in the 70s and 80s though, are there any memorable standouts for guys with bad accents?

I'd have to imagine with all the "anti American foreigner" gimmicks that would have been going around that someone, somewhere, was totally terrible while also being just good enough to keep a gimmick going.

What is wrestling's "Keanu Reeves in Dracula" accent?

Where does Ahmed Johnson attempting to speak coherently rank?

Also, I always loved how King Booker would use a terrible British accent but revert back to "street" Booker whenever he was flustered or mad about something.

I also got a kick out of Stunning Steve Austin being billed from Hollywood, CA but sounding like Hank Hill after someone mentioned that they grilled with charcoal instead of propane.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Just how long did Sullivan book WCW? I thought Bischoff was in control after the NWO started, up until they got Russo. 

Quite a while it seems. I think even during the NWO era him and Terry Taylor where responsible for a lot of the undercard

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to October 2021 Wrestling Discussion
4 hours ago, Roman said:

In my continued dive into WCW, I am reminded that the main event of Starrcade 1994 was Hulk Hogan VS The Butcher, aka Brutus Beefcake. Sweet heavens above. 

I remember this as when I completely turned on WCW as a fan.

1994 was such a turn for WCW. They started the year on fire, all these great PPV shows, all this young talent getting a push. Finally out from under Bill Watts retro booking. Then halfway through the year Hogan shows up, and brings the whole WWF 1988 midcard with him. Next thing you know, Dustin is gone, Austin is gone, Vader is gone and Ric Flair is wearing a dress.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, AxB said:

1994 was such a turn for WCW. They started the year on fire, all these great PPV shows, all this young talent getting a push. Finally out from under Bill Watts retro booking. Then halfway through the year Hogan shows up, and brings the whole WWF 1988 midcard with him. Next thing you know, Dustin is gone, Austin is gone, Vader is gone and Ric Flair is wearing a dress.

To be fair, the robes Flair wore had always been sort of dress-like. But I agree with your actual point.

Yeah I don’t think judging people by their wrestling viewing habits is a particularly healthy take. 

Especially since this week I have been watching some old 2001-02 IWA:MS and catching up on DDT I’ve missed over the last few years!

Edited by Ultimo Necro

22 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Yeah I don’t think judging people by their wrestling viewing habits is a particularly healthy take. 

Especially since this week I have been watching some old 2001-02 IWA:MS and catching up on DDT I’ve missed over the last few years!

Especially if those are your choices. ?

• Haha 1

Beyond Wrestling just announced that Uncharted Territory s3e1 (from last Thursday) is on YouTube tonight. So that's a strong fill in for Dynamite.

Alex Shelley vs Daniel Garcia is the main event. The opening match is an unannounced impromptu between two AEW wrestlers.

• Like 4

WWE stuff

WWE filed to trademark a new nickname for Roman Reigns,  “The Suplex-orcist” and “The Suplexorcist”. Something Heyman has made up, about banishing Brock Lesnar

Rikishi's Son is debutting for NXT 2.0 soon, Solo Sikoa is his name.

WWE stock has been slowly moving upward, 59.94 USD +0.72 (1.22%) today.

2 minutes ago, D.Z said:

WWE stuff

WWE filed to trademark a new nickname for Roman Reigns,  “The Suplex-orcist” and “The Suplexorcist”. Something Heyman has made up, about banishing Brock Lesnar

I'm not saying Paul E stole the Suplexorcist name. There's every chance it was completely original idea that came to him. There is, however, quite a lot of evidence that his completely original idea came to several other people before him..

We finally have a measuring stick for how deep the shit Ted Dibiase & sons are in:

The tweet is slightly incorrect: Ted Sr owes about $775k, Ted Jr the $4.6M.  Brett has already pled out to charges and turned state's witness.

58 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Rikishi's Son is debutting for NXT 2.0 soon, Solo Sikoa is his name.

Kind of surprised they don't just have him skip 2.0 and join the Blood Line on Smackdown.

23 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Brett has already pled out to charges and turned state's witness.

Favre or Dibiase?