DVDVR Message Board

October 2021 Wrestling Discussion

4 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Walter always reminds me of Otho from Beetlejuice.  I hope Vince doesn’t ever see that resemblance.

OK, but Walter could totally pull off this fit:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKVX76RYaXVjXIjJoIKMh

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

3 minutes ago, J.H. said:

You're also assuming Vince knows what Beetlejuice is. Pretty sure he's just getting around to Logan's Run so look forward to that gimmick soon!

James

Given the age of most of the main roster, that might be a movie gor him to skip.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, J.H. said:

You're also assuming Vince knows what Beetlejuice is. Pretty sure he's just getting around to Logan's Run so look forward to that gimmick soon!

James

so THAT'S why they made that <30 rule for NXT!

Edited by twiztor
  • Like 2

References to Logan's Run and DC Cab?  I love this thread.

Any guesses how Vince fucks up Walter?  At the least, I'm guessing they cover up his physique and change his name.  They'll keep it to one name but make it something menacing and German-sounding, even though he's Austrian.

GOD DAMMIT PAL KRISTALLNACHT HAS A NICE RING TO IT!!! 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Technico Support said:

Any guesses how Vince fucks up Walter?  At the least, I'm guessing they cover up his physique and change his name.  They'll keep it to one name but make it something menacing and German-sounding, even though he's Austrian.

He's going to confuse him for Alex Wright.

"Damn pal! You got fat! But can you still dance?"

Edited by Craig H
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, AxB said:

Did Alex Wright ever work for Vince? I thought he only wrestled for WCW in America?

He's a wrestler who danced and at one point had a Nazi-ish gimmick. I would be shocked if Vince didn't know about Alex Wright.

• Like 2

This might be more of an NFL thread post, but is AEW the first time that a group owning a major sports franchise ran the franchise worse than they’ve run a wrestling promotion?

keeping in mind that Turner didn’t own a wrestling company for most of the bad Braves/Hawks seasons.

maybe the Jags would be better if Tony had followed more 1990s NFL and got his dad to hire Dave Wannstedt to coach the 2021 team.

• Like 2

I have been thinking a lot about how one of AEW’s strengths is using sports team promotional tactics like theme nights and pushing wrestlers heavily in their home markets. It’s really something that the biggest competition Vince has had in twenty years is from the minds of NFL team owners after he ate shit twice trying to get into football. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

I guess if I loosen up the wording, it can include Ron Fuller owning minor league hockey teams and making them work by using promotional tactics from pro wrestling.

Ron is quite the hot topic today...

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

'He's big and fat and ugly... like a wrestling fan... He's probably one of those "smart" marks. Hmmm... What else is popular? LGBTQ, right? Maybe he can be attracted to both men and women. And he's German, so he'd be a German bi-smark... GOD DAMMIT! I GOT IT! I'M A GENIUS!'

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Roman said:

'He's big and fat and ugly... like a wrestling fan... He's probably one of those "smart" marks. Hmmm... What else is popular? LGBTQ, right? Maybe he can be attracted to both men and women. And he's German, so he'd be a German bi-smark... GOD DAMMIT! I GOT IT! I'M A GENIUS!'

"Kristallnacht just likes to have fun!"
"I heard he likes to have fun on both sides of the Berlin wall, if you know what I mean."
"He's a Communist?"

• Haha 2