DVDVR Message Board

Rhodes To The Top - Season One

LoneWolf&Subs

For the stuff that's not at the show I have my BS detector at the ready.  But I tend to believe a bit more that what we see is what we get when it comes to them at the arena.  So it's possible that Cody is stretched too thin and it's wearing on him in ways that aren't initially apparent to him.  That said if him or somebody just said "Hey, Paul, just in case here's my and Anthony's weights" then the segment would have gone a lot smoother.  Credit to him though for taking full ownership of it.

Cody tweeted that there’s two shows left and one airs this Saturday. Gonna go ahead and guess it’s not being renewed. Next pitch for Tony and Turner: a reality show that follows Emi and Lulu on their wacky adventures in the USA. It would be 50x better. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

The better show would be all backstage shit, from booking, to what wrestlers go through before and after matches, etc. Maybe that's too inside baseball and exposing too much for competitors to copy.

• Like 1

I can already see a show in the not too distant future that follows Britt Baker’s dentistry practice and Adam Cole being a Twitch streamer, and all of the “hilarious” hijinks that follow.

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, Casey said:

I can already see a show in the not too distant future that follows Britt Baker’s dentistry practice and Adam Cole being a Twitch streamer, and all of the “hilarious” hijinks that follow.

You edit that post and delete all of it. Don't you put that evil out into the world!

• Like 1

I've always thought that following around El Hijo del Santo in The Wrestler-esk fashion would make a fascinating reality show. Legend, son of a legend, still going at 58 while doing pop up shows at

*checks Cagematch*

Leonardo's Nightclub in LA and Westminster, Colorado in 2021.

Dude's career arc is just crazy to me. And now I'm thinking Coach Tony K needs to book Santo vs. Sammy for the TNT title.

• Like 3

Got behind on this and just catching up now. Hope my not watching this live doesn't affect its chances at a second season.

Showing so much of Preston Vance without his mask is certainly a choice. But it really hammers home how much access the producers have and how real this all is. I know it's probably too behind the scenes for some people and a fuddy-duddy like Cornette will probably complain about this |exposing the business" or some other out of touch shit, but it was really humanizing for Preston. Like, hey, there's a real person under that mask. 

It's hard for me to imagine someone as attentive as Cody forgetting Brandi's bus bed. He owes her a champagne slam cake to make up for it. 

One of the thing I really love about AEW is the respect they show the legends of this business whose legacy is ignored and neglected elsewhere. Eric Bischoff deserves all the credit in the world for being a foundational part of AEW's identity. Happy to see that acknowledged and respected. Give him his flowers.

I've never heard anyone explain wrestling psychology quite like QT. But I'm sure he understands some people might be watching this who aren't all that familiar with the intricacies of wrestling. Speak for the audience you have. Really smart stuff by Marshall. 

I wonder if part of why we haven't seen Cody more consistently in the mix lately in AEW is because of his accumulating injuries and mental exhaustion. I feel for the guy. Having this whole thing riding on his shoulders has to be draining.

The inside of his Double or Nothing entrance outfit is so cool.

On Busted Open, Cody teased something really interesting involving Arn on this weekend's installment. Sounds like a must see. 

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to Rhodes To The Top - Season One