DVDVR Message Board

Rhodes To The Top - Season One

LoneWolf&Subs

4 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I’m not sure. Somebody forgot to post the NXT 2.0 rating.

Yup. Brandi Rhodes >  Johnny Gargamel in the Demo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Jiji said:

This gimmick is out of control. 

I'll be honest I at first thought it was gimmick but I don't know anymore.  If it's a gimmick then it's one of the better recent ones and if it's real then I'm really happy for him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I'll be honest I at first thought it was gimmick but I don't know anymore.  If it's a gimmick then it's one of the better recent ones and if it's real then I'm really happy for him.

Now he is become Cody, destroyer of smarks. 

Now that I think can work very well.  Heel ROH Cody was awesome and he managed to have it be wonderfully heelish without having that cool heel vibe to him.  If and when he goes heel I would lean heavily into that.

• Like 2

Buuuuuut if Punk mentioned in promos he'll get pissed off at some point then there might be hope for young Cody after all. Besides, I think it's time he puts the "Nightmare" back in "American Nightmare".

Wait, now I lost track of if I'm being serious or not. I'm gonna decorate some more for Halloween, see y'all later! 

If this show were 75% backstage stuff and 25% whatever the fuck reality TV bullshit, then I think I could stick with this show. However, it's almost all the same reality tv bullshit that you've seen literally everywhere else.

And the series doesn't make Cody or Brandi any more likeable, partly because of how fake as fuck the show is.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

If this show were 75% backstage stuff and 25% whatever the fuck reality TV bullshit, then I think I could stick with this show. However, it's almost all the same reality tv bullshit that you've seen literally everywhere else.

And the series doesn't make Cody or Brandi any more likeable, partly because of how fake as fuck the show is.

Right. It’s so cookie cutter low-tier reality TV that I was convinced it was a Bischoff Hervey joint. Especially when Bisch himself showed up. This is right up their shitty run of the mill alley.

I do find value in watching the show, but your mileage will vary on how much reality BS you can sit through. For instance I thought it was super interesting to hear Cody throw out a buy rate prediction for DON. And his guess being a fairly low guess was a little surprising while QT went higher (and ended up being pretty close to dead on). But yeah not a fan of the creative editing that's a staple of reality TV. They mentioned it being the first show back with a crowd and show a legitimate shot of someone walking through the entrance that night then cut to a crowd shot clearly in a much fuller indoor arena... not Daily's Place.

• Like 2