DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 9/29/2021

19 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Nobody has mentioned that Cody of all people is using the Cop Killa? Given his current character? (I know you have talked about it, but not the subtext)

Lol I kind of alluded to it but my joke fell flat.  No way he calls it that.  Cody’s absolutely a “blue lives matter” type, all the way.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1

I was half-awake during the first viewing of Sammy-Miro, but saw Sammy winning and thought it was cool. After re-watching it, it's an awesome match and was really well built throughout the match to lead up to that finish. For most of the match, it looked like Miro would retain again, but Sammy survived the big thrust kick and evaded Game Over, and Miro lost it after that. Not quite among the all-time greatest AEW matches (though that's a really fucking high bar to clear already), but an excellent TV main event and well worth taking the title of a hot performer (and it's big to win a title in AEW, especially with the current stacked roster).

On the whole, it was a strong follow-up to the epic Grand Slam week, and started advancing programs and wrestlers for future big events. I could see this being start the FTR push for the titles again (and the heel tag team side is a bit thin with just them and the Bucks as legitimate contenders for a PPV match at the moment).

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Lol I kind of alluded to it but my joke fell flat.  No way he calls it that.  Cody’s absolutely a “blue lives matter” type, all the way.

Based on everything I know about Cody's public persona, etc... I find that extremely unlikely.

*Goggles*

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1268929137210585089?s=19

"Cody is MAGA" started as a joke between like 4 people, and then somehow got accepted as fact after that whole thing where Cody accidentally liked a Rovert tweet (Where Trevor was 'parodying' racism). 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AxB said:

"Cody is MAGA" started as a joke between like 4 people, and then somehow got accepted as fact after that whole thing where Cody accidentally liked a Rovert tweet (Where Trevor was 'parodying' racism). 

Cody's sense of humor is similar, if you listen to Fuego on AEW Unrestricted. Apparently Cody started the joke/rumors that Fuego was in his 40s and has a dozen kids. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Reminder to self: add “virtue signaling” to that list, next to “pc” and “sjw,” of terms where, when you see them, it’s a dead giveaway the person using them is straight up garbage.

Hey man - you’re right, it’s totally normal to have an anon online internet persona where you presumptuously throw shade at a variety of theatrical performers you know nothing about as being racist / misogynist / insert-other-weird-obsession-of-the-day (presumption of sexual arousal from gun violence ?! New one!). Keep at it, star ⭐️ 

Edited by A_K

22 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Reminder to self: add “virtue signaling” to that list, next to “pc” and “sjw,” of terms where, when you see them, it’s a dead giveaway the person using them is straight up garbage.

It's 2021. If that hasn't been on the list for years, then you've clearly been negligent in its upkeep. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/29/2021 at 8:47 PM, The Green Meanie said:

Every show I'm getting more concerned that we're straying away from the Inner Circle and Pinnacle being a thing. I don't necessarily want them to still wrestle each other, but factions just going away without an explanation is worrying.

I'm pretty sure FTR mentioned The Pinnalcle in their promo and all members of the Inner Circle have been wearing their cuts

• Like 1