DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 9/29/2021

I'm guessing he means Cop Killa/ Gringo Killa. That's what Homicide calls it (but he started using it after Hurricane Helms did). But the original name is the Reverse Gory Special Bomb.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tbarrie said:

It would be a little like the WOW angle where Becky the Farmer's Daughter's rival bought her family's farm. Except in that case the purchaser wasn't a financier or corporate raider, but a school teacher.

WHICH MAKES PERFECT SENSE.

I know I'm with my people when they not only mention WOW but bring up specific angles.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, christopher.annino said:

Yeah when Cody hit it on Martin not only did it not look good but Martin is made of flubber or something, you're not going to hurt that kid unless you actually drop him on his head and neck. Of course, please don't drop him on his head and neck... 

For me, it's like my conundrum with attempted murder.  You shouldn't get a discount because you're bad at it.  If you use a vertebreaker as a transition, you are trying to kill an awesome move.  It doesn't matter that it doesn't die, you shouldn't have tried to kill it in the first damn place.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, supremebve said:

I can't lie, I kind of like Dan Lambert's "all you betas are pussies" character.  I literally hate the entire alpha/beta bullshit, but it kind of works for me in wrestling.  Scorpio Sky is a perfectly fine promo, but Ethan Page might have something.  He delivered that promo like he meant every single syllable and came off like a future star.

I left that part out of my post but I agree 100%. As I said, I have no idea who most of these guys are but that segment immediately made me interested to know more about them and see them in action.

4 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I get why people are either laughing at, or horrified by Arn's Glock story... But to me, the real take away was how he still has that matter of fact, completely convinced of what he's saying promo style in him, and it's a damn crime how little mic time they've given him.

I mean, not as big a crime as WWE just sticking him backstage and giving him literally no mic time at all for years at a time, but this is at least a misdemeanor.

He's had plenty of dull misses of promos in AEW though. This was his first home run in a long time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AxB said:

I'm guessing he means Cop Killa/ Gringo Killa. That's what Homicide calls it (but he started using it after Hurricane Helms did). But the original name is the Reverse Gory Special Bomb.

Kudome

❤️Valentine❤️

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, JLowe said:

I left that part out of my post but I agree 100%. As I said, I have no idea who most of these guys are but that segment immediately made me interested to know more about them and see them in action.

I was pretty gung-ho about Lambert at the beginning but my beef is that they've done a ton of segments with him, but only like three of those actually moved the angle forward at all.  Otherwise it's just been him cutting the same promo week after week.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Has Cody always done the Vertebreaker or did he just pull it out to steal Homicide's finish?  ?  And you know Cody's very much against calling it by its proper name.

He started using it during his big heel run, feuding with Omega, trying to break up the Bullet Club angle. Claimed he invented it (in character) and asking for people to suggest names, etc...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

He started using it during his big heel run, feuding with Omega, trying to break up the Bullet Club angle. Claimed he invented it (in character) and asking for people to suggest names, etc...

In that match it was a Niagara nearFall.

If you're not going to protect a vertebreaker against a couple of midcard guys...

2 hours ago, Zimbra said:

I was pretty gung-ho about Lambert at the beginning but my beef is that they've done a ton of segments with him, but only like three of those actually moved the angle forward at all.  Otherwise it's just been him cutting the same promo week after week.

Ah, it was my first exposure. Thanks.