DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 9/29/2021

4 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Arn: 

9 millimeter....Safety ALWAYS off" -Cyrus, Trailer Park Boys | Cyrus  trailer park boys, Trailer park boys, Trailer park

The thing that surprised me the most about this show was Ethan Page totally crushing it on the mic out of nowhere to make up for the crowd WHATing Scorpio Sky. Also it was pretty funny that they just cut in on Lambert already talking like he'd been haranguing the crowd through the whole commercial break. 

Whatever they called the lariat x Saito suplex finish that King and Mox do is now my favorite death move(s). 

it actually has a name and they called the move by name last night, but I am old and have forgotten.

1 minute ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I feel like Arn really hit a gear on that one that he hasn't touched in a long, long time. Like, that wasn't sweater vest Arn, that was the fucking Enforcer. Loved it.

"They send one of yours to the hospital, you send one of theirs to the morgue."

Shit I didn't know he was serious!

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I hope they remember to re-air that promo during the next Fight for the Fallen.

LOOOOL that's what I was thinking about this morning.  I get how AEW allows wrestlers far more freedom but maybe they need to run their promo content by someone first because Arn getting a chub over the prospect of gun violence is not really on brand with a company that holds shows dedicated to victims of gun violence.

Speaking of Punk, I forgot to shout out his line, after the Nyla/Rosa/Jade promo, about how three ways are pretty rough because "someone always gets left out and someone always ends up with their feelings hurt."  God damn.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Punk subtly laughing and saying "jeez" under his breath helped put the line over the top. 

Man, that is so incredibly perfect I just now had to see it three times.

I had to re-watch Arn's promo, the end of the 16-man tag and the main event.  Good god was that all incredible stuff and this time around the Amanda/-1 parts got me pretty damn good.  I do wish they held off on Lio's promo and just let the moment happen before fading into commercial.  I also take back everything possibly negative I said about Sammi's win.  I was in disbelief but on re-watch it was absolutely the right call.  Once they established for a month+ the chink in his armor it was bound to lead to his undoing in this match.  That plus Sammy busting out everything plus the 630 to seal it made for something truly special.  I can't wait to see who he defends against after Fish.

Also had to chuckle at this when MJF came out:

MFJ:  "Cut my music, cut my music"
Schiavone:  "Go to Hell, go to Hell"

• Like 2

I think everyone is missing LBO Lio and what he’s about. He’s not a stonk bro who put it all on GameStop ($GSE).

He is a high finance corporate raider looting out the remnants of a steel company or laying off the staff of once prestigious regional newspapers. He had a Goldman Sachs partnership track that we probably did not know about when he was on the Maryland indie scene.

Man I really want to write his promos and have him talking about how he securitizes his debt and sells it off to Credit Suisse or things like that. I want as much arcane finance stuff as possible. I want him to announce he laid off Trent Berrerta’s mom from the stationary store she works for because he bought out their holding company and is closing all the stores just because he can.

I may be the only person in that target audience but god damn it give it to me!

• Like 9

I am still not over Arn Anderson letting everyone know that he'll let the chopper talk to protect his Buick.  I may never be over it.

Also, it's probably not great that Arn basically did Dan Lambert's whole schtick better in about 90 seconds than Lambert has done in weeks, right?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

I think everyone is missing LBO Lio and what he’s about. He’s not a stonk bro who put it all on GameStop ($GSE).

He is a high finance corporate raider looting out the remnants of a steel company or laying off the staff of once prestigious regional newspapers. He had a Goldman Sachs partnership track that we probably did not know about when he was on the Maryland indie scene.

Exactly!!!  That's why I mentioned Bain Capital and linked the Toys R' Us article.  He's not a stonk bro gaming the system on Reddit.  He's a leveraged buyout/vulture capitalist type. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Exactly!!!  That's why I mentioned Bain Capital and linked the Toys R' Us article.  He's not a stonk bro gaming the system on Reddit.  He's a leveraged buyout/vulture capitalist type. 

“None of you are going to get your Darby Allin action figures because I just filed a claim about my assets in the Chancery Court of Delaware, you morons!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Infinit said:

I'm not an American...but isn't what Arn talked about "standing his ground" and perfectly legal in many states?

26 states have Stand Your Ground laws.   The others follow the Duty To Retreat doctrine.

The stupid thing about SYG laws is that they are enforced like Walk Around With A Handgun Hoping Someone Will Start Some Shit With Me So That I Can Shoot Them laws.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Greggulator said:

None of you are going to get your Darby Allin action figures because I just filed a claim about my assets in the Chancery Court of Delaware, you morons!”

The modern day I.R.S. we never knew we wanted!

Speaking of which: I thoroughly enjoyed Kenny's white pants, along with the anchor he drew on his arm in sharpie. "My daddy was a sea captain."

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jiji said:

You guys are overthinking this. Now, my real concern is Cody shooting Malakai to win back Arn and then Malakai turns into a demon. Lucha Underground would have done it. 

This is an interesting idea, but I think Cody prefers to keep his stories more Reality-based.