DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 9/29/2021

20 minutes ago, Jiji said:

As previously mentioned, tsn preempted this for bullshit American sawkur, so I missed up until the finishing sequence of the jungle boy match. Was a very good finishing sequence but Cole can leave the shocked kickout face in nxt thx.

Personally I have no problem with shocked kickout face when the kickout is genuinely surprising. I was already dejected to see Jungle Boy go down like that when Cole hit the Panama Sunrise. Then he kicked out! That got a huge pop from me, and Cole selling the moment didn't seem inappropriate. (Jungle Boy still lost of course, but was pretty well protected with how it went down.)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

Personally I have no problem with shocked kickout face when the kickout is genuinely surprising. I was already dejected to see Jungle Boy go down like that when Cole hit the Panama Sunrise. Then he kicked out! That got a huge pop from me, and Cole selling the moment didn't seem inappropriate. (Jungle Boy still lost of course, but was pretty well protected with how it went down.)

I don't understand why Baybay thought he should go for a pinfall after a basic simple transition move like the Canadian Destroyer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 9
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, EVA said:

I still have no idea why they paired Lambert with MOTY. They don’t need promo help, and he killed the crowd for them before they could even speak tonight. Hats off to Ethan Page for getting into the zone and stopping the What chants.

The payoff to the Dan Lambert shit should have been Lambert eating a Gotch style piledriver from Minoru Suzuki after MOTY attacked Lance Archer. Lambert eating a Judas Effect feels much less satisfying. The sooner Lambert is off my screen the better. He has serious fuck off heat from me.

Everything else on this show was a positive for me. Those damn onion chopping ninjas snuck back in the house during everything involving the Dark Order, -1, and Amanda Huber.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 7

Really fun show. Liked the opener but I thought Jungle Boy needed the win a bit more. He’s a guy they clearly believe in, but he needs a big win. I don’t understand adam Coles appeal. I’ll leave it at that.

Dark Order stuff was fun. -1 throwing the papers at Evil Uno ruled ass. Really fun, feel good moment. 

The six man thing was fun because it’s always funny seeing Eddie Kingston mark out for Sting. Watching that dude bounce off Mox popped me.

Darby got a lot of run on this show. Not my cup of tea but I get it.

Women’s tag was pretty good. Anna Jay has improved a lot and Tay Conti seems like the most wonderful human alive.

Main event was really good. Sammy had to throw everything at Miro and it still took rash, angry decisions from Miro for Sammy to win. Sammy will have great matches for a few months and Miro can rest up before coming after Adam Page after Page takes the title off Omega.

• Like 1

So glad LBO Lio is here to teach wrestling fans about high finance. Being that it's AEW, he needs a stable, right? I'm hoping we get the Mortgage Backed Securities (Team MBS) or something.

I missed the first hour because Survivor is back and is the greatest TV show of all-time, and it's what my wife and I do on Wednesday. I tuned in near the end of the Dark Order stuff. I wasn't watching when Brodie was still with us, but that was an all-time great payoff of a storyline. Maybe they continue the breakup later, but that was just absolutely beautiful to watch. I was actually shocked when I saw it that it wasn't how they were going to end the show.

I loved that Dan Lambert promo a lot. Great motormouth smug heel. The Men of the Year guys were okay - it was clear they were trying to remember their lines more than performing, but they were okay.

MJF really sucks as a heel. It's stinks because he knows how to look the part and he really knows body language and how to control the tone of his voice. And I will admit that the "school shooter mime" line made me laugh. But it's paint-by-numbers Vince Russo material pretty much. Darby's reaction was a good way to flip the switch. My only fear is that MJF is now going to try to one-up the shock stuff. 

Do I lose my cred if I say that I'm over Punk already? 

That main event was fun. Hope we get to see the new used car...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gordberg said:

I don't understand why Baybay thought he should go for a pinfall after a basic simple transition move like the Canadian Destroyer.

It's a piledriver with extra flippy-doo. By wrestling logic it should not just kill you but retroactively erase three generations of your ancestors from history.

Edited by tbarrie
  • Like 3

A few more thoughts 

The DO stuff gave me all the feels. Escpecially -1 throwing the papers at Uno.

Love Mox/King/Darby/Sting as a crew. And it was great seeing Anthony Greene get another shot, he looked pretty good in that tag match vs FTR on Dark.

Jade/Nyla/Rosa is either going to be a car wreck or be fucking awesome. No in between. 

Nick Jackson vs Bryan Danielson is a total WCW Main Event feature match and its probably going to rock.

Edit: 10's new mask looks dope AF

Edited by Infinit
  • Like 5

Miro is Thanos. Congratulations on the 1/14m win, Sammy, but Miro is inevitable. He’s perma-over as either or heel or face and is going to be the guy that beats Hangman for the world title. 

How good are they doing with the TNT title? Both Darby and Miro have wound up far greater than they started. Exactly what that title is supposed to do. Hope the same happens for Sammy.

Edited by For Great Justice
  • Like 8

I’m exhausted from a long day.  But I did not yawn or doze off during this show.

On MJF: I think he is trying to put the horror in horrible.  But I’m not sure his age lends him the gravity to land his his one liners.  He cut the promo off at the right time to at least leave some plot hanging in the air.  I’m good with this.  

Was Darby hitting character correct awkward teenager notes?  Or was he not that great on the mic?

When -1 tossed the fucking PAPERS!!! I lost my shit brother brother brother.  Highlight of the show for me.  So a reunion here means Bray coming in would be to tear them apart again?  Things sure got kinda quiet when Colt hit that moonsault.  *whistles

Like… tossed out lawsuits awkward.

Well AEW continues to be my happy place.  Cody gets all the lols.

Nick Jackson vs. Bryan Danielson is going to be good for all of gods creatures except one… Fenix.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Miffed Miro.

You shall remember all the way which the Lord your God has led you in the wilderness these forty years, that He might humble you, testing you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not.

Deuteronomy 8:2

Miro will be just fine.  It is but a trial.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 5