DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 9/29/2021

I don't know what I liked better, Sammy winning or the absolutely awesome Dark Order match.  And I loved the Moxley/Kingston/Allin vs Bear Country/WHO? match.

• Like 3

Okay, one giant negative before everything else.  I know some of you were saying how MJF really isn't that great a heel.  Well tonight it cemented that for me.  Cheap tactics, wishing people were dead and liking less-liked people from the other company.  If that's what it takes for him to get heat then fuck that noise.  But if anybody should go to WWE it's him.  Dare I say it he by having limits on him MJF would actually be a better heel.

With that out of the way the matches were pretty damn good complete with Arn packing heat, Sammy winning a title, Cody on his own island and most importantly Amanda and Brodie Jr.  As soon as she came out with the papers and all it got really misty here.  The rest of the show was great but this was the only thing that mattered to me.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 3

Seriously, the ending stretch of the main event was so well laid out that every time it hit another beat I got more hyped, and when all the pieces fell into place I was clapping in anticipation of the payoff. So fucking good. Sammy earned it and Miro is a goddamn tremendous professional wrestler. 

Edited by christopher.annino
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Okay, one giant negative before everything else.  But I know some of you were saying how MJF really isn't that a heel.  Well tonight it cemented that for me.  Cheap tactics, wishing people were dead and liking less-liked people from the other company.  If that's what it takes for him to get heat then fuck that noise.  But if anybody should go to WWE it's him.  Dare I say it he by having limits on him MJF would actually be a better heel.

See, I've felt this way before, but I think the way Darby totally no-sold it and MJF just IMMEDIATELY runs away was absolutely perfect - it showed that MJFs paper tiger mic time bullshit is just that. 

• Like 11

As previously mentioned, tsn preempted this for bullshit American sawkur, so I missed up until the finishing sequence of the jungle boy match. Was a very good finishing sequence but Cole can leave the shocked kickout face in nxt thx. Middle portions of the show felt like a house show and that's fine. Arn with the Glock rules, Dante can fly, Dark Order stuff was feel good, and next couple shows look very nice. 

Miro is my man. Not sure this was the right time for him to lose but Sammy is a good choice and it was a genuine shock on a big night for the company and the TNT title. Miro is AEW's Brock Lesnar and never has that been clearer than that missed splash bump over the top to the outside. What a beast. Great match. Loved the Fuego and Kingston nods in playing a part in Miro's downfall. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1

I really didn't think anything would top Martin's huge tope as dive of the night but damn if Sammy didn't come through.

I like them putting the belt on Sammy.  Miro is over with or without the title and it felt like Sammy was starting to get lost in the shuffle a bit.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Arn Anderson is clearly unhinged. Hope Cody can find someone to bring more stability to the team. 

Reconcile with QT. 

The promo segments were not so good tonight, which is unusual for AEW lately, but yeah Glock and more importantly I like the four pillars reference. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

See, I've felt this way before, but I think the way Darby totally no-sold it and MJF just IMMEDIATELY runs away was absolutely perfect - it showed that MJFs paper tiger mic time bullshit is just that. 

That I really did like but all that showed to me was Darby is a much better face than MJF is as a heel.  He did his part at the end but MJF's officially a "change the channel" type guy for me now.

EDIT:  Okay, reading this I'm starting to wonder "Gee, maybe I'm getting a bit sucked into this too much" so I'm sure I'll look at this tomorrow going "Damn, man, settle down."  I'll have to think about this and see how his tactics stack up to past heels.  But as of right now it just doesn't work for me.  Maybe a feud with Darby will help things out but we'll see.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 5

How great was Miro's selling? The Angle tingly fingers, bumping perfectly at his size for that Spanish fly. And Sammy brought it fighting from underneath and throwing himself with full force at Miro. Beautiful match and they didn't go over the top at the end.

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Reconcile with QT. 

The promo segments were not so good tonight, which is unusual for AEW lately, but yeah Glock and more importantly I like the four pillars reference. 

I liked the package/pretaped stuff like FTR and the hype for Friday's three-way, looked great. One thing that feels off to me is Lambert/MOTY. Those three can all talk very well but somehow it ends up less than the sum of their parts. 

• Like 2

I still have no idea why they paired Lambert with MOTY. They don’t need promo help, and he killed the crowd for them before they could even speak tonight. Hats off to Ethan Page for getting into the zone and stopping the What chants.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, christopher.annino said:

I liked the package/pretaped stuff like FTR and the hype for Friday's three-way, looked great. One thing that feels off to me is Lambert/MOTY. Those three can all talk very well but somehow it ends up less than the sum of their parts. 

Agreed. MOTY were the wrong guys to pair with Lambert. I get why they did it. They were directionless after Sting and Darby and they have martial arts backgrounds to varying degrees. But it is weird. Lambert is a fantastic motormouth but the pairing doesn't feel right. 

What was with Lio coming back as a stonx bro? 

• Like 1