DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 9/29/2021

Die No Might seems pretty darned interesting this week:

Miro v Sammy G, which... anything less than full-on greatness would be kind of surprising.

Bungle Joy v A damn coal. Which... I think a boy vs a baybay is an unfair match-up but this should also be great.

Penelope Ford and The Bunny vs Tay Conti and Anna Jay. Which... two natural heels vs two very likable ladies.

Matt Sydal and Dante Martin vs Lee Johnson and Cody Rhodes. Which... Cody gonna start an actual heel turn here?

Also: Interesting story about Matt Sydal. Apparently when his mom was pregnant with him, the sonograms seemed to show him practicing wrestling moves in the womb. So, apparently, he has been wrestling since before he was evan bourne!

Edited by Gordberg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

A lot of the new marquee signings are gonna be winning a lot out of the gate. Cole has credibility to spare. If they don’t have anything big lined up for Cole in the immediate future (ie: title run or a PPV bout lined up against Punk or Bryan), he should lose to Jungle Boy. Let Jack catch the squirrel for once. It’d be a great surprise. 

listen to me! 

• Like 7

How true is it that recently released talent can forgoe their 90 day pay-windah if they choose to? The legal experts on Wreddit say the 90 day thing is a notice of termination but you’re still employed, but I always thought they could opt out (didn’t Raven do this in like, 2003?).

Either way, tonight’s show is going to be pretty emotional. I suspect we get a Negative One appearance and that kid will get a huge pop, probably.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

How true is it that recently released talent can forgoe their 90 day pay-windah if they choose to? The legal experts on Wreddit say the 90 day thing is a notice of termination but you’re still employed, but I always thought they could opt out (didn’t Raven do this in like, 2003?).

Either way, tonight’s show is going to be pretty emotional. I suspect we get a Negative One appearance and that kid will get a huge pop, probably.

I've always been under the impression that you still get paid for the 90 days but you can opt out of it if they release you. But I'm not sure if you can opt out part of the way through.

If you ask for your release and they grant it, it's usually on the condition you sign a 90 day. (Though Andrade apparently didn't have to)

• Thanks 2

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
28 minutes ago, zendragon said:

I hope Brandi turns on Cody and joins the Black Family, and Cody slowly loses everything

I hope Brandi flips off Arn after Cody gives him a spinebuster ?

7 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

I may be the only person who thinks this but I very badly want to see Bray in AEW. He and Miro and Ruby are the best examples of talent the WWE never used to the fullest. AEW could absolutely use hillbilly cult leader Bray really well. 

The thing about Windham is we really only know him as this character, all smoke and mirrors and promos even though he can clearly bring it in the ring. I want to see what the guy can do as a professional wrestler from a professional wrestling family. Not to say he's going to turn into the next coming of Bryan Danielson, but I'm super curious what he can do without the shackles of being just a sports entertainment character.

And of course, motherfucker can talk. 

Edited by christopher.annino
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

LOL it's The House of Black.  Please don't make me post the Curb Your Enthusiasm photo again!  ?

Semi-related but I thought it was hilarious when they showed Larry David at the LA Rams game.  Not sure what happened but he had that look where you might as well play the theme over it.

As for Windham if his character is similar to his WWE run then I'd have him eventually feud with Malakai.  The promos alone would be enough to sell people and if they can have at least a pretty good match then mission accomplished.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Casey said:

I thought the same thing, but according to Metlzer, the 90-way no-complete clause is company option.  Talent don't have the choice to decline it.

12 hours ago, The Natural said:

The late, great, Mr. Brodie Lee. It's Wednesday. You know what that means.

The way AEW handled the late, great Mr. Brodie Lee's passing especially the tribute show on AEW Dynamite was perfectly done and I think aided CM Punk/Bryan Danielson/The Owen Hart Foundation into joining AEW.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gordberg said:

Also: Interesting story about Matt Sydal. Apparently when his mom was pregnant with him, the sonograms seemed to show him practicing wrestling moves in the womb. So, apparently, he has been wrestling since before he was evan bourne!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RefMattyD570 said:

So while all the talk is about Wyatt, tonight is the night that Hangman comes back and gets Dark Order back on the same page, right?

No, no, tonight is the night the Cult of Windham destroy the Dark Order. Hangman comes back to rescue and reunite them later.