DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2021 - WEEK 4

Dolfan in NYC

I’ve never posted in this folder and probably shouldn’t open this can of worms but I just had to come and vent to a group of people, wrestling fans, who know what good announcing is worth and how fatal bad announcing can be. This Pats/Buccs game is the worst announcing I’ve ever heard. I’d rather listen to the worst regional wrestling announcer, worst son of a promoter ever etc than this.

We get it Cris Tom is missing throws by 8 feet because of the rain, the moderate rain that he’s selling like it was the rain from the 3-0 Buccs game vs the Chiefs in the 70s (Google it if you don’t know it heck of a story). Even when they’re actually calling the game instead of damage controlling for Brady they’re just terrible. They’re negative about everything but a good passing play. They would have called the Ice Bowl and said the Cowboys are struggling because of the snow. The Cowboys of course is to Al what Brady is to Cris. 

• Like 1

That holding play against the Buccs where the he was pulling the guy’s head to far back that his helmet touched his back Cris goes I guuuueeeeesssss that’s a hooooolllld?????

And this game is just plain not what Favre vs Rodgers was in 2009 or Young vs Montana in 1994. It wasn’t from the start and these 2 idiots are only sabotaging what it was worth.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

That holding play against the Buccs where the he was pulling the guy’s head to far back that his helmet touched his back Cris goes I guuuueeeeesssss that’s a hooooolllld????

He said it like that because the flag thrown was for hands to the face when it was actually a hold. 

22 hours ago, DangerMark said:

People don't get Jerry Jones rich by paying for their own jillion dollar stadia. 

What was the last major sports stadium fully funded out of pocket? Is it the Pistons building the Palace of Auburn Hills in the late 80's? There has to be something more recent, right?

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

What was the last major sports stadium fully funded out of pocket? Is it the Pistons building the Palace of Auburn Hills in the late 80's? There has to be something more recent, right?

Abe Pollin paid for the now Cap One Area which basically saved that entire part of DC and that was the mid-late 90s (the city did pay some costs like expanded the Metro service to the area but the arena itself was paid for by Pollin)

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Gonzo said:

I'll call shotgun if we can swing through Nashville on the way there.

The Jets and Giants probably destroyed half the survivor pools in America today.

We’ll see, the trunk of my car can only hold so many bodies.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Contentious C said:

FIFY.

Yet Matt Nagy is still in denial if he really thinks Andy Dalton is still the #1 starter. Bears Twitter is losing their mind over this and half of them (rightfully so) want Matt Nagy’s head on a pike.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

SoFi is 100% funded by Kroenke (although he's got loans from the NFL to finance it).  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, cubbymark said:

Yet Matt Nagy is still in denial if he really thinks Andy Dalton is still the #1 starter. Bears Twitter is losing their mind over this and half of them (rightfully so) want Matt Nagy’s head on a pike.

Matt Nagy and Ryan Pace both suck. Both need to go.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, cubbymark said:

Dalton has so clearly been no more than the 32nd-best QB in the league throughout his career, and while he's still, uh, 60th?  63rd?  It's not like you'd really want to start a guy in that position ahead of Fields when you can see what you have in Fields instead.  If you went to every other team with a rookie QB and said, "You have to win your next game or your franchise gets deleted, do you take your guy or do you want Dalton?", not a one of them would make the switch right now.  SF might be the only exception and that's only because the rest of their team is good enough to slouch its way to a win sometimes.

Of course, starting Dalton makes sense if you want someone to get literally murdered to death behind that awful O line and don't want Fields to become as shell-shocked as David Carr.  You can do that to a ginger, they have no souls anyway.

• Haha 2

For context - Harbaugh called a run on the final play instead of kneeling down so the Ravens could reach 100 rushing yards which allowed their streak of 100 yard games to continue. Even Lamar Jackson was all WTF when running the play.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

I genuinely believe the Bears are going to go on a Cubs-level multi-generational slump. I don't actually think I'll see them win a championship in my lifetime, and this pleases me very much as a Packers fan.

What do you mean going to? Aren't they on one already?

7 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Denver also chose to use all 3 of their timeouts, despite being down 16, so it's pretty fucking dumb both ways to be fair.

Something Harbaugh pointed out:

Harbaugh said he wasn’t aware of a 16-point play so he questioned what Broncos throwing ball into end zone with 10 seconds left had to do with winning.

I'm on Team Harbaugh on this one, I hate 'unwritten rules' in all sports and I hate coaches that complain that another team did something meeeean to them. They are professionals, no one was getting hurt on a five yard QB sweep, move on with your life.

• Like 1