DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Daft Punk - 9/27/2021

Dolfan in NYC

In general, I would like more wrestlers with full names and nicknames in WWE. The Hulk Hogan area was filled with that, but ever since they've been shortening names or exclusively referring to wrestlers by a nickname. Give me a guy with a normal sounding name and a nickname that gives him a gimmick (or is just weird as hell, like Dogfaced Gremlin). Makes them feel more like fighters/pro athletes as opposed to Disney characters. 

That said, we all know Lee is going to lose his name and just be The Bearcat in a couple of weeks. If he's lucky they don't put him in a furry singlet. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

It’s past time we start talking about Sheamus as the best TV match guy of his generation, like Christian and Goldust before him. Months and months of consistent bangers with everyone.

True i just never bought him as a main eventer and i think that's why many including myself don't think about him.  Plus, years and years of bad WWE TV. 

58 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

For all the people who are burnt on WWE TV/PPV i am there with you but i suggest looking up the good stuff when it happens.  that keeps me from watching too much garbage but still enjoying the performers i like.  

Pick and mix is the best way to go about watching WWE. That's what I do. Can't remember the last time I watched a full RAW/Smackdown/NXT TV show from beginning to end.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

WWE Fans: Too many rematches! It's just the same matchups, over and over again, every week!

WWE: Right, we need to change it up. How about we have the main be a rematch from earlier the SAME evening (that also main evented last weeks show)? It's a new and innovative idea!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

The reunion of the Hurt Business and Keith Lee channeling Bearcat Wright made it another triumphant night for we members of the African-American viewing audience.

I missed the first half-hour running errands.  I'm guessing they were in Omaha last night.  The significance is probably wasted on the average WWE universo.

It was Cincinnati - their university's teams are called the Bearcats.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Before this becomes a thing:

Who is @VancityConner?  Did anyone of actual news-reporting substance(Or Lee himself) confirm that this is the reason the nickname was chosen? I'm just curious.

I actually don't mind the nickname at all. But I also just saw the "Bray-took-time-off-for-mental-health-reasons" trope that the Internet decided to run with for awhile get debunked. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

WWE: Right, we need to change it up. How about we have the main be a rematch from earlier the SAME evening (that also main evented last weeks show)? It's a new and innovative idea!

To be fair - I would easily watch 3 hours of Big E vs Lashley

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

To be fair - I would easily watch 3 hours of Big E vs Lashley

I've seen 60 minute matches, I've seen 90 minute matches, I've even seen a 120 minute marathon match. But I've never seen a 180 minute match yet.

I mean, logically a 5 on 5 elimination tag should go about that long, if a singles match can be 40 odd minutes, but that's not the way things work.

2 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

are we just going to gloss over that AJ Styles hit a freaking burning hammer on Matt Riddle on WWE TV in an absolutely meaningless match? 

I wasn't paying attention to their match. Got of gif of it?

5 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

are we just going to gloss over that AJ Styles hit a freaking burning hammer on Matt Riddle on WWE TV in an absolutely meaningless match? 

It didn't have the proper call from the play-by-play.

Which is to say that nobody immediately yelled BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG HAMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

• Like 1

I mean, AEW booked their women awfully for most of the company's existence (although some signs that it is slowly improving in recent months) and doesn't exactly have a lot or any black wrestlers in that prominent of position (quick: Who is the top black face in the company?) so neither of those things being true would be all that shocking.