DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Daft Punk - 9/27/2021

Dolfan in NYC

So first she takes Nia Jax off TV and now Eva Marie?  Shayna's going to be the biggest babyface on the roster.  Of course, WWE thinks that her taking out the two most useless people on the roster make her a heel, since they piped in canned boos to try and drown out the "One more time!" chants as the crowd is literally asking Shayna to break her other arm.

• Like 4

i liked this RAW.   Right away The Hurt Business back loving that..  they should have never separated.  

AJ Styles vs. Riddle was good.  Omos destroying him was cool.

Priest vs. Sheamus was good and violent.  

Big E vs. Lashley in the cage was very good too.   Plus,  Drew vs. Big E is a fresh match up.  

• Like 1

Further proof the Hurt Business breakup was absolutely pointless, especially with them getting back together with no explanation.

That aside, this was one of the better Raws I can remember.

Both Lashley/Big E hossfights were great.

Sheamus/Priest went a little long but was good match, and Riddle/Styles was as well.

Questionable nickname aside it was good to see a more businesslike Keith Lee back

The other matches were inoffensive enough. I like the pairing of Garza and Carillo, even though Carillo has more face charisma.

• Like 1

So is this the new format, where the opening match and the main event are the same match?

It's like Warrant playing Cherry Pie as the opener, and also as the encore.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

It’s past time we start talking about Sheamus as the best TV match guy of his generation, like Christian and Goldust before him. Months and months of consistent bangers with everyone.

I feel Sheamus is underrated by some. I've liked him since he arrived on WWE TV in 2009.

• Like 1

You have no idea how much I hated the attempted interference spot. The entire point of a cage is that it should make interference impossible because if it doesn't then cage matches mean nothing.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sabremike said:

You have no idea how much I hated the attempted interference spot. The entire point of a cage is that it should make interference impossible because if it doesn't then cage matches mean nothing.

Gets on my wick as well. It's also happened to Hell in a Cell. Only time I liked outside interference was Kane's debut during the ***** classic between Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker in the first Hell in a Cell match at In Your House 18: Badd Blood 1997.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Before this becomes a thing:

My only issue with this, is can't he explain this? We can't get a vignette or something where he explains where the name came from? I like the name, I like the history and I like Lee. Just take two minutes, Monday Night Raw, and EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THIS IS IMPORTANT

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Phil4126 said:

My only issue with this, is can't he explain this? We can't get a vignette or something where he explains where the name came from? I like the name, I like the history and I like Lee. Just take two minutes, Monday Night Raw, and EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THIS IS IMPORTANT

Especially since the show is three hours long. No reason not to give him and others a bunch of 90 second promos.

• Like 1

Piper/Charlotte being so short was disappointing.

Shayna trying to break Eva's arm confuses me as to whether or not they want her to be heel or face. Maybe they should have had Shayna start her turn back into a brutal heel by taking out faces.

Sheamus/Priest was good.

Big E/Lashley at the beginning and end was was good fun. So happy to see the Hurt Business return. Really hope they stick together post draft. Honestly seeing everything play out tonight the way it did makes the breaking up of the Hurt Business even worst as there is/was a clear money feud in them vs. New Day.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Before this becomes a thing:

The reunion of the Hurt Business and Keith Lee channeling Bearcat Wright made it another triumphant night for we members of the African-American viewing audience.

8 hours ago, sabremike said:

Anyone note the city he debuted the name on Raw tonight in...

I missed the first half-hour running errands.  I'm guessing they were in Omaha last night.  The significance is probably wasted on the average WWE universo.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 4

Oh, @Dolfan in NYCHow I love thee for the thread title and video.  Bravo.

As for Raw I hear about some good things pop up but I've been burned months ago on the show in general.  I don't know if I'm ready for checking it out again but am at least pleased to find out stuff like the Hurt Business back together.  Them splitting was the last straw for me and still am bummed out they weren't all together during Lashley's title run.  I can only imagine how great that would have been.

• Like 4