DVDVR Message Board

SDL Tables The Discussion - 9/24/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Dug the Bianca/Becky segment. Was good to see Bianca finally get one over on Becky completely. 

Nakamura/Crews was alright.

Kind of surprised Zelina actually won against Liv.

Missed most of Nattie/Nikki. Was nice to see Shotzi and Nox remind people they do want the titles. Feels odd how Rhea and Nikki got a shot first.

Naomi's segment with Sonya was solid. Would have been better if Naomi actually smacked Sonya. It is nice to see them building this up as a decent sized feud regardless. 

Roman/Ford was good outside of that table moment which just left me wondering how. At least broke the way it did and didn't leave Ford injured. The post match attack on Ford nd the Finn coming out was good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Whatever “it” is, Montez Ford has it. 

Montez Ford's Frog Splash is something else and think about the ones we've seen in the late, great Eddie Guerrero, Art Barr, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Rob Van Dam, Seth Rollins and Lio Rush.

Edited by The Natural

Ford looked rough in spots but that's gotta be the longest singles match he's done, or at least the highest profile. He's 30 so still in his prime but hopefully they don't fuck around and waste most of his 30s. He looked good and Roman had a pretty fucking solid week. 

Becky was FANTASTIC on this mic.

McAfee dancing on the table during Nakamura's entrance/exit has probably done more to get Nak over than anything else anyone in the company has done.  Sadly, that includes Nakamura himself. 

Laughed hard when Sonya told Naomi it was all downhill after Naomi made her entrance 'cause that's exactly what I've thought of Naomi for years.  That said, the crowd was solidly behind her last night.  Glad De Ville is seemingly returning to the ring.  Not too excited thaqt it's against Naomi.

Thought maybe Boogz was going to accidentally murder Azeez with the german suplex, but he didn't.  Liking Boogz a decent bit right now.

Edited by Eoae

Liked the Becky/Bianca and Naomi/Sonya segments. Nice to see the latter getting some more build. 

I thought they forgot Shotzi/Nox too so I was pleased to see them come out last night. They are overdue their title opportunity. 

I'm looking forward to Liv/Carmella. Sue me.

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

I was going to say that Shane Thorne basically doing the Outback Jack gimmick is really as low as you can go but then we remember SlapJack and realize that he hit the bottom already. 

Outback SlapJack?

So it's some sort of Mad Max meets Monster Hunter meets Steve Irwin gimmick?

Is he gonna try to shove his thumb up Roman's butthole?

• Like 1