DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling - 9/23/21: Option C

Always dig the excitement feel of a lot of stuff going on all throughout the show in different feuds/builds with things for tonight, set ups for next week, Knockouts Knockdown, and BFG. Finlay/Hikuleo was solid. Great to see Raj Singh finally return, I had started to figure he was never coming back. Good main event and an awesome surprise return to end the show. 

Results:

Spoiler

*Before the Impact Preshow Match: Laredo Kid def. John Skyler (9:06) with a rollup.

Impact Wrestling - Airing September 23, 2021 from Nashville, TN

*Scott D'Amore opened the show to address Josh Alexander cashing in Option C. D'Amore introduced Josh to officially relinquish the X Division Championship for his shot at the Worlds Championship. D'Amore announced a tournament will begin next week to crown a new X Division Champion at Bound for Glory. Christian Cage interrupted to warn Josh about facing him as he guaranteed he would remain champion. Christian and Josh went face to face as D'Amore left. Ace Austin & Madman Fulton then interrupted. Ace talked about how close he came to beating Christian and said he's not done with him yet. Ace called Josh a quitter for giving up the X Division Championship. Fulton & Ace end up brawling with Christian & Josh. Ace laid out Christian with his cane to the eye as they escaped.

*David Finlay (w/ Juice Robinson) def. Hikuleo (w/ Chris Bey) (12:24) with a rollup. After the match, FinJuice brawled with Hikuleo & Bey until El Phantasmo returned to aid Bullet Club in laying out FinJuice.

*Rohit Raju def. Chelsea Green (w/ Matt Cardona) (4:09) with a small package after Raj Singh returned and ran Cardona in to the post, distracting Chelsea.

*Rich Swann & Willie Mack def. Brian Myers & VSK (w/ Sam Beale, Zicky Dice, & Manny Lemons) (5:21) when Swann pinned VSK after Beale tried to shove Swann off the top rope but he landed on VSK in a crossbody pin. 

*Mickie James called out Deonna Purrazzo and challenged her to a title match at Bound for Glory. Deonna said hell no until Mickie earns the shot. Mickie slapped Deonna and they got in to a brawl separated by security. Scott D'Amore came out and said wrestlers don't make the matches, but they don't turn them down either. D'Amore disagreed that Mickie doesn't deserve a shot since she's a pillar of the business, so she can have whatever match she wants. D'Amore then announced Deonna vs. Mickie for the knockouts championship at BFG. 

*Josh Alexander def. Ace Austin (w/ Madman Fulton) (16:02) after the C4 Spike. After the match, Ace & Fulton attacked Josh until Christian Cage made the save. Christian & Josh ended up arguing, allowing Ace & Fulton to beat them down until Christopher Daniels returned to Impact to make the save. 

• Like 1

God, that was a lot of wrestling.  I watch frickin one hour and twenty-eight minutes of wrestling.  So I should pay more attention to David Finlay because that Hikuleo match was pretty good.  No HIkuleo Powerslam so it wasn't great or anything.  John Skyler finished pretty well with that suplex to the corner and that cool powerbomb, so that Laredo Kid trilogy ended well.   Laredo Kid toned down his spectacularness because it was BTI.   Brian Myers sold the jumping punch to the head by Willie Mack is such a crazy way.  I'm starting to love Brian Myers.  The best part of Mickey James and Deonna Purrazzo pull apart was that they refuse to wear sensible flats and insist on brawling in high heels.  Hey!  It's Christopher Daniels for some reason!  I wanted a World's Greatest Moonsault.  So much wrestling....

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Turned on Pluto and the Meyers-VSK Vs Swann-Mack match was just starting. I forgot Meyers had the band of goofs. Match was cool. Meyers’ stundents are seemingly having communication problems and Meyers doesn’t seem pleased about it.

Johnny Swinger rules. “This is the worse news I’ve gotten since Paul Boesch stopped running the Sam Houston Coliseum”. And then to cap it all off he has Bravo sign the letter to D’Amore as JJ Dillion. Oh yeah Impact is going to Vegas daddy!

I left for the store and when I came back Eddie Edwards was yelling at Big Bill and D’Amore was in the middle of them.

There’s a BFG ad hyping up Christian vs Josh Alexander. I haven’t seen that match I should check it out.

A knockouts tag team championship number 1 contendership is set up for next weeks impact.

It’s Main Event time as Josh Alexander takes on Ace Austin. These two guys over the last handful of years since like 2019 or so have been Impact guys so it’s cool to see these guys wrestling each other in the Main Event on an episode of IMPACT! I know this match is almost two years old but I’m watching it for the first time. I know where these two are now and it makes the match that much cooler. Ace still had Fulton with him and Alexander was gearing up to face off with a Christian Cage. This was a really good match. It got plenty of time going going two segments. Fulton got involved a little bit, Alexander wrestled like he does and Ace Austin was there at every turn keeping up with Alexander. There was a recurring theme throughout the match of Alexander getting the Ankle Lock out of nowhere much like Randy Orton does with the RKO. Another spot I liked was Alexander German Suplexing Ace only for Ace to land on his feet. These two went all out for that small crowd in that Nashville Television Studio and it resulted in a pretty damn good wrestling match. Josh Alexander won after hitting the C4 on Ace Austin for the 3.

After the match Fulton and Ace beats down Alexander. Christian makes the save Alexander shoves him proclaims “I don’t need your help”. Fulton and Ace best theme both down. Christopher Daniels makes his Impact return after 7 years cleans house and stands tall as we go off the air.

• Like 1