DVDVR Message Board

Grand Slam Pt 2 - 9/24/2021

SirFozzie

Beware, spoilers are out there. I looked at them because I'm not sure I'll be able to watch Friday. But it looks like a good card. Don't be a schmendrick and spoil in plain sight. I guess the mods will decide if we can discuss in spoiler tags.

Confirmed Matches:

Anna Jay vs Penelope Ford

Men of the Year vs Jericho/Hager

CM Punk vs Powerhouse Hobbs

8 Man Tag HFO (Private Party+Butcher and Blade) vs Lucha Bros+Santana/Ortiz)

Elite-SuperKlik (Cole and Young Bucks) vs Cage/Jurassic Express

Archer and Suzuki vs Moxley and Kingston - Light's Out Match

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Quick heads-up if you're going to DVR Rampage: your provider may treat it as two separate 1-hour shows, as ours (Spectrum) is. Something to watch out for.

Yeah, Xfinity did that.  I adjusted my DVR settings to "record all new content" and my DVR is scheduled to record both hours, but I think it will treat them as separate television programs.  I probably should've just extended the original DVR capture by an hour or so.

Edited by J.T.

I've mentioned this at least once but I do find it personally interesting. This is the first time that I've ever followed a wrestling product that I'm not actively seeking out spoilers to taped shows. Over a span of decades. That's true of both Rampage and Dark/Elevation. For the latter, some of that is the sort of surprise of hearing a song on the radio and not knowing what will be next. Finishes usually aren't in question for Dark, but who you will see next might be.

For Rampage though, I think it's a bit of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, I'd rather be surprised while watching. On the other, I don't necessarily care enough about the plot development and actual outcomes to go find spoilers. Or at the least, I don't care enough that I need to know now relative to just seeing it later. It's good that I'm interested enough to want to wait but bad that I'm not interested enough that I actually can wait.

Maybe the promotion as a whole needs more distinct story beats?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SirFozzie said:

Ok, Am I crazy, or did they give Archer and Suzuki way too much in that main? Seemed like 85% of the match was just an extended beatdown.

No, I agree. I’ll be back later for some young bucks slander; now featuring Adam Cole…

I typically don't do Instagram but fuck it. I love Eddie to bits and am so happy to see him get his due. 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CUOjlMwgWEw/?utm_medium=copy_link

EDIT: Can somebody please help with this post not showing properly? Thanks. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I legit had no idea that was Masvidal but the crowd sure did. 

Just googled him and first thing is him talking about communist Cuba forcing kids to get vaxxed so fuuuuuuuck him. 

Edited by christopher.annino
  • Like 4
  • Sad 4

6 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I typically don't do Instagram but fuck it. I love Eddie to bits and am so happy to see him get his due. 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CUOjlMwgWEw/?utm_medium=copy_link

EDIT: Can somebody please help with this post not showing properly? Thanks. 

I don't think it's you, it's from one of the board updates as you used to be able.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I legit had no idea that was Masvidal but the crowd sure did. 

I have no idea who any of the MMA guys and girl were, but that's because I don't give a fuck about MMA. 

Aside from that, I enjoyed the show and hope there will be more 2 hour special editions of Rampage. 

• Like 4