DVDVR Message Board

UFC 266: Volkanovski vs. Ortega (09/25/2021) - Las Vegas, NV (T-Mobile Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

E7_6NAOXoAAufGi.jpeg?1628177413

UFC 266: Volkanovski vs. Ortega 
September 25, 2021
Las Vegas, NV (T-Mobile Arena)

UFC Featherweight Championship: Alexander Volkanovski © (144.5) vs. Brian Ortega (144) (second defense) - Volkanovski, DEC (unanimous)
UFC Women's Flyweight ChampionshipValentina Shevchenko © (124) vs. Lauren Murphy (125) (sixth defense) - Shevchenko, TKO (strikes), R4 (4:00)
Nick Diaz (185.5) vs. Robbie Lawler (184) - Lawler, TKO (strikes), R3 (0:44)
Curtis Blaydes (261) vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik (257) - Blaydes, DEC (unanimous)
Jéssica Andrade (126) vs. Cynthia Calvillo (126) - Andrade, TKO (strikes), R1 (4:54)

ESPNEWS / ESPN+ Preliminary Card:
Marlon Moraes (135.5) vs. Merab Dvalishvili (135.5) - Dvalishvili, TKO (punches and elbows), R2 (4:25)
Dan Hooker (155.5) vs. Nasrat Haqparast (154.5) - Hooker, DEC (unanimous)
Shamil Abdurakhimov (258) vs. Chris Daukaus (231) - Daukaus, TKO (punches), R2 (1:23)
Roxanne Modafferi (125.5) vs. Taila Santos (125) - Santos, DEC (unanimous)

UFC Fight Pass / ESPN+ Preliminary Card:
Uroš Medić (156) vs. Jalin Turner (156) - Turner, SUB (rear naked choke), R1 (4:01)
Cody Brundage (185.5) vs. Nick Maximov (185.5) - Maximov, DEC (unanimous)
Matthew Semelsberger (170.5) vs. Martin Sano Jr. (170) - Semelsberger, KO (punch), R1 (0:15)
Jonathan Pearce (145.5) vs. Omar Morales (145.5) - Pearce, SUB (rear naked choke), R2 (3:31)

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Performance of the Night: Chris Daukaus
Performance of the Night: Merab Dvalishvili
Fight of the Night: Alexander Volkanovski vs. Brian Ortega

Attendance: 19,029
Gate: $5.6 million

I am on board for Diaz vs, Lawler even though this fight probably should've happened a long time ago.   The other great match-ups on this card are just bonus.

I want to think that Murphy has a puncher's chance against Bullet, but I think Shevchenko punts Lauren's head off in the second or third round.

I can't call Volkanovski vs. Ortega just yet.  If it goes to the ground, I think Ortega has the advantage.  If it stays on the feet, I think Volkanovski wins but I certainly do not think he will be able to KO Iron Head Brian Ortega.

Please, God.  Do not let Cynthia Calvillo do anything stupid at the weigh-in.

• Like 1

First big show in a while. I'm excited for this but probably won't be able to watch it live. Main event is very intriguing and Dan Hooker & Marlon Moraes aren't even on the main card. I really hope I'm wrong about Moraes being shot but he used to be able to take a lot of damage and keep going. Looked very vulnerable and he's never been a defensive or cautious fighter. The way he goes for power shots puts himself in harm's way often. 

• Like 2

Looking forward to this show. Be interesting to see how Nick Diaz looks in his first fight since 2015 and Robbie Lawler's lost four in a row. Bullet will have to go some to top her KTFO on Jessica Eye. Main event is the fight I want to see the most even though I thought Alexander Volkanovski clearly lost to Max Holloway in their rematch but got the split decision nod to retain the UFC Featherweight Championship. Have a hunch Ortega wins but that means he'll have to fight Holloway again and Holloway gave him such a sustained beating in retaining the UFC Featherweight Championship. For me, Max Holloway's the best Featherweight in the world.

Edited by The Natural

20 hours ago, Jiji said:

First big show in a while. I'm excited for this but probably won't be able to watch it live. Main event is very intriguing and Dan Hooker & Marlon Moraes aren't even on the main card. I really hope I'm wrong about Moraes being shot but he used to be able to take a lot of damage and keep going. Looked very vulnerable and he's never been a defensive or cautious fighter. The way he goes for power shots puts himself in harm's way often. 

Same for me. I had such a bad taste in my mouth after they made Lewis vs. Gane an interim title fight. I needed a bit of a break. But I do really like this card.