DVDVR Message Board

Grand Slam - 9/22/2021

The Natural

I'm so bummed I have to work tomorrow and Saturday, otherwise I'd find a way to watch these events live. I get up at 230 AM everyday for work though and that just ain't happening. Everyone here who gets to go, have fun! I'm super jealous but still super-stoked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I'd have lost MJF/Brian Pillman Jr to give more time for other matches.

C'mon, we need the hometown villain showcase as much as the hometown hero one ?

Could be the best opening to a televised wrestling show since....a couple weeks back with Punk's debut. They really are building up steam. I'm sure soon this show, like Kenny put it in M.Bison's words, will be 'just another Wednesday'. 

Edited by Custos
  • Like 1

• Tony Khan spoke to the Associated Press to promote tonight’s Grand Slam edition of Dynamite at Arthur Ashe Stadium in Queens, New York. Khan said that AEW has gotten stronger with the more responsibility he's taken on: “I’ve found the company has gotten stronger the more I take on. And I think the fans would agree with that. The really hardcore fans would actually really agree with that. The people who know, know the more hands-on I got about everything, the company has gotten a lot stronger.”
  • Khan also discussed AEW’s TV deal with TNT: “Our TNT deal is very fair. I think we’ve performed at such a high level that we’ll justify a big increase on our next deal. We are very fortunate to have their support. The timing of that deal was great, to get that in January 2020, that is a huge revenue stream for us.”
  • Sportico published an article on Khan and AEW.
  • In an interview with the New York Post, Bryan Danielson discussed Kenny Omega being his first opponent in AEW: “This is kind of one of my ideas I came in with is doing this right away. The idea came from when I came back from my retirement (in 2018) there were a lot of matches in WWE people wanted to see and we either took a long time to get to them or even didn’t get to them at all and I think we lost some of the momentum when fans were excited about me coming back from my retirement. And at the time I felt yeah, build to these matches, build to these matches. I think with so many exciting people coming into AEW  you can build to a CM Punk-Kenny Omega match. You can build to some of those matches, but I also think fans want to see something right away to get them super excited. To be fair, I want my first match in AEW to feel like a big deal. So there is no bigger deal than me versus Kenny Omega right now.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Casey said:

Just let Malakai Black destroy Cody for 5 minutes instead of the 15-20 wankfest that's likely to happen.

Cody is going over so fresh and so clean. Just go in with that mindset and it won't hurt so badly. ?

• Sad 2