DVDVR Message Board

Grand Slam - 9/22/2021

The Natural

28 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I couldn't sleep, so we're leaving for the stadium early. I saw a reddit thread where some guy listed a bunch of good Chinese joints in the neighborhood so maybe we'll hit up one of those if there's time. Train home looked like trouble, so we're braving the traffic and driving in. Everyone seems to think it's going to be a nightmare, but I mean, how much worse than the average Met game can it be?

It's Flushing. The entire neighborhood is a good Chinese joint. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Jiji said:

His name is Black and his non existent faction is House of Black and he is the devil. Should he wear Tommy Bahama or a dollar store devil costume? 

Don't steal Danhausen's gimmick!

3 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

His name is Tommy End and people in this promotion know it and he's a big old phony baloney. Don't enable him! 

I'm surprised Vince didn't have him keep his name, really lean into "End," and give him a proctologist gimmick.

4 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

His name is Tommy End and people in this promotion know it and he's a big old phony baloney. Don't enable him! 

Tommy End or whatever he's going to be called. ?

All we know is that this isn't the same man whom Excalibur wrestled in Dusseldorf. 

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Jiji said:

Omega/Danielson has to go the time limit, right?

I don’t think there’s enough time for them to go to a draw. They have dynamite and rampage and both shows are stacked.

I can see a time limit draw if it goes 20 max. But probably nothing more.

38 minutes ago, Craig H said:

What, and make people start watching the Accountant or the Equalizer 5 minutes later? Get the fuck outta here with that nonsense. The Accountant waits for no one.

This reminds me of the days when I was a child and I would overhear JR and King hype up Barbed-Wire I think it was and Le Femme Nikita after RAW. Couldn't tell you what either show was about but those two names have had a rent free portion in my brain for over 20 years now.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:

This reminds me of the days when I was a child and I would overhear JR and King hype up Barbed-Wire I think it was and Le Femme Nikita after RAW. Couldn't tell you what either show was about but those two names have had a rent free portion in my brain for over 20 years now.

Silk Stalkings! Barb Wire was later on Spike, it was a cartoon based on the Pam Anderson movie. 

Side note: we haven't left yet. Someone's decided they need to replicate DMD's glitter eyeshadow for the show

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, olythegreat89 said:

I don’t think there’s enough time for them to go to a draw. They have dynamite and rampage and both shows are stacked.

I can see a time limit draw if it goes 20 max. But probably nothing more.

Don't non-title AEW matches have a time limit of 20 minutes? 

• Like 1

I understand why they're doing it but boy, I'm glad that after tonight we can stop getting graphics of Brian Danielson in just a t-shirt and pants, it really looks silly with him standing there across from a dude all in full gear. ?

• Haha 1