DVDVR Message Board

Grand Slam - 9/22/2021

The Natural

E_iT_2eXEAITyeS?format=jpg&name=large

I think this is the most excited I've ever been for a wrestling television show. I'm most looking forward to the Greatest of All Time, Bryan Danielson in his first AEW match against Kenny Omega. A dream match that will actually happen. My one concern about the show is getting the timings right which sometimes AEW gets wrong plus this is a loaded show. Enjoy yourself, @NikoBaltimore. What a ticket to have!

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 5

I'm gonna need Snoop Dogg to be in Cody's corner for his match against Malakai, and then turn on him. And then Stephen Amell makes the save and we get Malakai Black & Snoop Dogg vs Cody Rhodes & Stephen Amell at Full Gear. Just go full 1998 WCW on this sum'bitch. Bert Kreischer can sit in for commentary.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• The Natural changed the title to AEW Dynamite Grand Slam - 9/22/2021.
1 hour ago, Casey said:

I'm gonna need Snoop Dogg to be in Cody's corner for his match against Malakai, and then turn on him. And then Stephen Amell makes the save and we get Malakai Black & Snoop Dogg vs Cody Rhodes & Stephen Amell at Full Gear. Just go full 1998 WCW on this sum'bitch. Bert Kreischer can sit in for commentary.

Rosario Dawson looking upset, gets in the ring to confront super Snoop Dog. All of a sudden… *WHAM*… Spinning back leg crescent kick by Dawson onto Cody!

Tony: What is going on here!?!

Black: Hello world! Let me introduce you to my BLACK family!

*They pose to close the show*

Next week we find out Malakai was adopted, and he’s now got a Steve Martin from The Jerk gimmick.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

I-95 looks ready to have me, time to begin the trip to Queens. WMXXX + Omega/Okada IV was last night's required viewing. We'll have lunch today in South Philly to soak up the prowres energy. Something on a roll.

If Cody wins we Soho.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Larry-and-The-Blacks-Curb-your-Enthusias

I choose to believe this is the family that the villainous Beatrix Kiddo broke up when she ambushed and murdered the actual most dangerous woman in the world, Vernita Green. ? 

I probably should have bought tickets to Grand Slam.  Though it may rain tonight, so I'm not sure if they're going dome open or closed tonight. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Casey said:

You mean Bret Kersher? And I heard that guy fucks dogs.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I choose to believe this is the family that the villainous Beatrix Kiddo broke up when she ambushed and murdered the actual most dangerous woman in the world, Vernita Green. ? 

Still waiting on the rumored sequel where Vernita's daughter comes back for revenge, using the same actress who played her as a kid.  Pretty sure that's up there with the speculated Vega Brothers movie in the "yeah, that ain't happening" department.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

I really hope AEW get the timings spot on this show. The longest AEW Dynamite match is still Kenny Omega vs. PAC in the Iron Man match which went to overtime, right?

Tonight's the night they really need to beg TNT for a little leeway on commercial break timing and when they go off the air.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Kind of off topic but on topic, you think Dynamite would ever get the extra runover that RAW gets? I'd love for Dynamite to go til 10:05 just to give them a little more room at the end of their shows.

Maybe it's because I watch all the shows on a computer so the time is always right there, but I'm also one of those people who's looking at 9:58 and realizing the finishing sequence is coming up. Regardless, tonight is going to be awesome. Definitely bigger than the Punk/Rampage episode. PPV feel for tonight.

• Like 4

I couldn't sleep, so we're leaving for the stadium early. I saw a reddit thread where some guy listed a bunch of good Chinese joints in the neighborhood so maybe we'll hit up one of those if there's time. Train home looked like trouble, so we're braving the traffic and driving in. Everyone seems to think it's going to be a nightmare, but I mean, how much worse than the average Met game can it be?

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Maybe Cody is doing a multidimensional chess work on all of us because…his complete lack of self awareness is kind of endearing? Thus sort of coming back around full circle as a babyface? I dunno.

I actually think he's being too transparent about his shtick and it will defuse a lot of the hate. But not in a good way rather it'll create apathy. 

2 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Malakai dressing in all black to signify he's evil is really tacky. 

His name is Black and his non existent faction is House of Black and he is the devil. Should he wear Tommy Bahama or a dollar store devil costume? 

• Haha 4

This goes without saying if you're in the NYC Metro area and going today, but if you're unfamiliar, stay the hell away from Manhattan, particularly the East Side,  if traveling, as the island is gridlocked due to the UN General Assembly being in session.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Log said:

Tonight's the night they really need to beg TNT for a little leeway on commercial break timing and when they go off the air.

33 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:

Kind of off topic but on topic, you think Dynamite would ever get the extra runover that RAW gets? I'd love for Dynamite to go til 10:05 just to give them a little more room at the end of their shows.

Maybe it's because I watch all the shows on a computer so the time is always right there, but I'm also one of those people who's looking at 9:58 and realizing the finishing sequence is coming up. Regardless, tonight is going to be awesome. Definitely bigger than the Punk/Rampage episode. PPV feel for tonight.

What, and make people start watching the Accountant or the Equalizer 5 minutes later? Get the fuck outta here with that nonsense. The Accountant waits for no one.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6