DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2.0 - 9/21/2021

Dolfan in NYC

That bald sonofabitch got his Goldie back.  Let's see if "Bron Breakker" will actually challenge him. 

Also...

The Creeds~ will hopefully be in action again.  I look forward to them obliterating MSK. 

• Like 2

Theoretically the Main Event is KUSHIDA vs. Roderick Strong for the Cruiserweight Title

Normally I could see Diamond Mine vs KUSHIDA and friends being set up for this year's WarGames but with the reboot - who knows when they will even do another Takeover

38 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Theoretically the Main Event is KUSHIDA vs. Roderick Strong for the Cruiserweight Title

I think by law they are obligated to turn this into a three way match with some barely trained rookie.

Edited by The Z
  • Like 1

Felt like there was 100 new characters on this show and few that made an impact.  It has that 1994 WWF vibe where they all have a strange character.  

So apparently Joe Gacy is now the new  principal from South Park.  I guess they are hoping for Bo Dallas 2.0

Edited by hammerva

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

Felt like there was 100 new characters on this show and few that made an impact 

So apparently Joe Gacy is now the new  principal from South Park.  I guess they are hoping for Bo Dallas 2.0

More miss than hit. This is definitely developmental and not a national live TV show. 

Mandy post makeover looks like a total star. A byproduct of that though is that the two ladies with her look even more like jabronies than they already do (what was that twitching shit?)

Bron is a dude though. Fuck it put the title on him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Felt like there was 100 new characters on this show and few that made an impact.  It has that 1994 WWF vibe where they all have a strange character.  

Well Kyle did steal Gacy's Wardrobe from CZW. 

• Haha 1

I've watched Toxic Attraction the last 2 years in ROH as The Allure.

Also, people leaving as the show went off the air to beat the traffic of 18,000.... no, wait, 250 PEOPLE made me laugh out loud.

Edited by Peck

28 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Felt like there was 100 new characters on this show and few that made an impact.

Not enough 30 second highlight videos, eh?

• Haha 2

Nü NXT is such a weird thing.  It almost feels like GLOW where they're just throwing a ton of gimmicks and backstage stuff at you, but at the same time something like Bron Breaker which has so much potential wouldn't have happened under the previous regime.  He's only had two matches and he's easily the most talked about thing in NXT in forever.

• Like 1

This reminds me when various cartoons would start a new season and have a ton of new characters while phasing out old ones so they could release a new toy line. As someone who still collects Transformers it kind of works on occasion.

So far we've gotten Steiner Jr, Odyssey Jones, Mandy's new stable, and the Diamond Mine as hits.

I'm not sure what to think of Chen yet but that finisher was certainly...a move. With all the guys who got cut it's good to see Blake Christian is still around. I guess he and Black/Jade are a package deal?

Andre Chase's segment was rough. I haven't seen him since he and his brother were jobbers in ROH but I hope he's better in the ring than on the mic. Gacy's PC Principal gimmick was dumb and I doubt is going to go anywhere good. I'm glad he made the cut though as he's one of those people I'd never expect to get signed.

For a noob who got put right into the world title match, they didn't have much on Von Wagner other than that he does does strongman exercises.

Bron Breakker should be on the main roster next week. I'm not kidding at all. They found something there.

Toxic Attraction is a good ass name. Mandy Rose as an evil mastermind is... a choice. I'm intrigued enough to watch highlights next week. 

I'm thinking Raquel drops the title soon. They think they need her on the main roster. They don't, but they don't know that. I wonder if Kushida dropping the title means he's getting called up, too. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, just drew said:

I'm thinking Raquel drops the title soon. They think they need her on the main roster. They don't, but they don't know that. I wonder if Kushida dropping the title means he's getting called up, too. 

I think KUSHIDA's getting walking papers soon, honestly, and it's probably for the best for him.

Edited by James F'n X
Clarifying my point

NXT feels weird right now with so many new, unestablished people. We really only got the next gen of PC talent just these past few months only for us to get another 30 or so with 2.0.

Jones and Steiner are easily the most stand out of the bunch and I look forward to them. I'm kind of mixed or uninterested in the rest. Hopefully they focus and flesh them out better as time rolls on.

Skipped Gacy's promo. He at least looked good against Grimes.

Elektra's squash match was alright. I like how she carries herself though she isn't great on the mic.

Toxic Attraction look fantastic, but are lacking when it comes to talking.

Kushida/Strong was nice while it lasted. Dug how much Bivens was staring at the belt after he took it from the ref.

Enjoyed Beth giving Wade the WTF/death stare after the line Lumis's oral skills.

Ciampa/Steiner vs. Dunne/Holland was fun.