DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2021 - WEEK 3

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, Eoae said:

I'm not expecting much from my hometown Steelers either beyond a pleasant afternoon out with real people.

I'm at the point where I'd be fine with a 5-12 season, getting a top 10 draft pick and sending Ben adrift on a raft down the Ohio River. Not sure what the draft will look like QB wise but if it's weak at the top take O Lineman and grab Pitt's Kenny Pickett early in the 2nd.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mister TV said:

I'm at the point where I'd be fine with a 5-12 season, getting a top 10 draft pick and sending Ben adrift on a raft down the Ohio River. Not sure what the draft will look like QB wise but if it's weak at the top take O Lineman and grab Pitt's Kenny Pickett early in the 2nd.

Don't really watch college fb...where is Pickett ranked as an NFL prospect in next years draft?

22 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I'll go to my grave saying that prevent-style defenses cause more harm than good. Lamar hitting a 4th and 19, Rodgers getting time to find wide open receivers sitting in zone pockets. Defenses that had decent gameplans throwing them out the window to allow 20 to 25 yard gains rarely works out well for the defense. The league has (rightfully, in my opinion) gotten more aggressive in many areas, but too many teams still go into soft zone defenses when the game matters and its maddening.

The only thing a prevent defense does, is prevent your team from winning. Helluva game.

• Like 1

Maybe the Eagles should have given their (fairly talented) starting running back more than two carries. This game plan in general by the Eagles felt really off all game. Lots of RPOs not always run correctly, long developing passes that didn't put Hurts in a good position, just generally too much Hurts. I think he can still grow into a really good QB but games like this show his weaknesses and the coaches should be doing more to help him.