DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2021 - WEEK 3

Dolfan in NYC

3 hours ago, dogwelder said:

It's worth noting that Novak had not actually seen the play when he made the comment. 

FYI, Baltimore snapped 1.8 seconds after 0.0. That's ridiculous. Baltimore also may have false started on the kick. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

who needs the Young Bucks when you've got an indie spotfest every Sunday Night, guaranteed?

The true test will be next week if we can in Buccs at Pats. 

I had to look away before that last kick & wait for the sound before I looked at the TV. 

it's almost as impossible to keep a football team from crossing midfield in that game situation as it is to keep a basketball team from crossing half court (a sport wherein calling a time out can literally teleport you to the forecourt)

Trusting your defense is a sucker bet in the NFL

• Like 1

I'll go to my grave saying that prevent-style defenses cause more harm than good. Lamar hitting a 4th and 19, Rodgers getting time to find wide open receivers sitting in zone pockets. Defenses that had decent gameplans throwing them out the window to allow 20 to 25 yard gains rarely works out well for the defense. The league has (rightfully, in my opinion) gotten more aggressive in many areas, but too many teams still go into soft zone defenses when the game matters and its maddening.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I'll go to my grave saying that prevent-style defenses cause more harm than good. Lamar hitting a 4th and 19, Rodgers getting time to find wide open receivers sitting in zone pockets. Defenses that had decent gameplans throwing them out the window to allow 20 to 25 yard gains rarely works out well for the defense. The league has (rightfully, in my opinion) gotten more aggressive in many areas, but too many teams still go into soft zone defenses when the game matters and its maddening.

I completely agree.  The WHOLE game all that was talked about was San Francisco playing man defense.  Then, in the last 30 seconds, they play zone.  And not just zone but GIGANTIC zones where they're not covering anybody.  While also not getting any pressure.  What's so hard about rushing 4, putting a guy on Adams and then using zone everywhere else?  Or even doubling Adams and using the other 5 guys to cover the other 4 receivers?  Why the heck do you let Rodgers sit back there while letting his receivers run around with nobody on them?

• Like 1

Three games into a 17 game season and I have accepted The Giants are out of playoff contention already. While yes, after tonight they will only be two games back from first place, they also have a ridiculously hard schedule, an offensive line sponsored by moldy swiss cheese, and worst of all Evan Engram. If Gettleman survives this he clearly has dirt on John Mara. Every move since Mara got rid of Coughlin has been cursed.

I can't imagine how hard it is to follow football when your favorite team is one of the long term losing franchises. While The Giants have been bad recently, they've been to 5 Superbowls in my lifetime. Life must be rough as a Lions fan.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Not only this, but I also hate the Hail Mary.  Run a play that makes the defense defend the entire field instead of one half of the end zone.  Sure, everyone needs to end up in the end zone, but you have a better chance throwing the ball to one person on the opposite 5 yard line than throw a jump ball to a corner of the end zone with 9 defenders waiting to knock it down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

TRADE!  

Carolina sends TE Dan Arnold and a 3.

Jacksonville sends CB  C.J. Henderson and a 5. 

I'm sorry this can't be true. Jacksonville would never actually do this right? Wasn't Henderson a top ten pick not that long ago? Is it Christmas already?

Eventually Horn, Henderson, and Jackson? Pants freeeeeeeeeeeee!

7 minutes ago, Shadow said:

I'm sorry this can't be true. Jacksonville would never actually do this right? Wasn't Henderson a top ten pick not that long ago? Is it Christmas already?

Henderson has a dicey injury history - he missed half of last season due to shoulder and groin issues and missed this week's game because he hurt his groin again. Plus he was drafted by the old regime

1 hour ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Three games into a 17 game season and I have accepted The Giants are out of playoff contention already. 

I'm not expecting much from my hometown Steelers either beyond a pleasant afternoon out with real people.

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

TRADE!  

Carolina sends TE Dan Arnold and a 3.

Jacksonville sends CB  C.J. Henderson and a 5. 

I'm going on two hours sleep and really distracted by work, so my blurry eyes misread that "Dan Arnold" as "Sam Darnold" and I got REALLY confused

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I can't imagine how hard it is to follow football when your favorite team is one of the long term losing franchises. 

It's no fun. As bad as it was to have the Browns win one game in two years, it was better than the three years that they didn't exist.

When things get better, though, it's great. When the Browns broke their losing streak by tying the Steelers, I ran halfway around the house to celebrate. This started my tradition of celebrating a Browns win by running around the house while blasting "Cleveland Rocks."