DVDVR Message Board

2021 NCAAF - WEEK FOUR

Dolfan in NYC

I know Wisconsin is favored over ND, but honestly, who knows what will happen on that shit field. I don't think any of these guys are prepared for what Soldier Field is like especially after it's supposed to rain all week. 

There's not a lot on this week's slate that jumps off the page at you (hey, remember when Florida/Tennessee was a big game?). 

Arkansas vs A&M should be a good test to see how much of a headache Arkansas is going to be for everyone in the West this year. 

I guess Oklahoma is going to be our weekly "upset alert" team until it happens (maybe this weekend).

My daughter goes to James Madison.  Those mother fuckers are 3-0.  I am torn.  I'd love to go visit my kid and take her to a game, but I fear I will jinx the team and humiliate my child.

My old school, Hampton University, beat Howard last week, so I am done with HBCU football for the season.  A victory at the Battle of the HU's is the only thing that matters.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, J.T. said:

My daughter goes to James Madison.  Those mother fuckers are 3-0.  I am torn.  I'd love to go visit my kid and take her to a game, but I fear I will jinx the team and humiliate my child.

They are #3 in the country... again

The only game they theoretically could lose (before the tournament) was last week against Weber St (which they won)

Just go to Homecoming against Campbell

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, EVA said:

Through 1 quarter, Wisconsin/Notre Dame is meeting expectations for a game pitting two Wisconsin QBs against each other.

I feel like that anyone watching this game deserves what they are getting

I have never denied being a CFB sicko!

Graham Mertz is probably the worst QB in P5. Like, if I didn’t know better and you told me that Wisconsin had to start their punter at QB due to COVID protocols, I would believe you. Jack Coan is not exactly covering himself in glory for Notre Dame, but it’s wild to think that he basically got run out of Camp Randall because somebody thought Mertz was the future.

And as I’m typing that, Mertz just fumbled the ball TWICE on the same play on 3rd and short LOL.

If Notre Dame holds on and wins the Brian Kelly is the winningest coach in Notre Dame in history which is something since I am not sure he is one the 5 greatest coaches in Notre Dame history.  Can't think of a coach in any sport (excluding new franchises) with the most wins and not at least top 4.

College football was vastly different during the eras with Ara, Knute, etc. BK definitely is top 5 in ND history. I don't hold it against them one bit that they haven't won a NC with him. They've been to the dance, but college football is dominated by like the same 2 or 3 teams. But BK's continued success with winning, recruiting, and making coming into South Bend mean something again isn't anything to discard. 

Lol at these Irish fans I'm seeing online thinking we're for real. I'll admit that I don't know how this team is winning, but this team isn't that good. 8-4 should be seen as a massive success if they get there. 

Bowling Green beat Minnesota in Minnesota (The Gophers were favored by 30 1/2)

It snaps the Gophers 23 game non-conference winning streak (last loss was Sept 2015)

And the last time Minnesota lost to a non-Power 5 team it was Sept 2011

30 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Somehow,  Michigan forgot how to play American College Football at halftime, against.... Rutgers.

It's like you could hear the air leak out of Rutger's balloon after the missed fg.  They had everything going their way in the second half until that point, and the offense sputtered out afterwards.