DVDVR Message Board

SDL is The Princess of Bel Air - 9/17/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Enjoyed Usos vs. E/Balor, the backstage attack, and Heyman getting caught by E and Kayla again. New Day vs. Blood Lines happening on Raw feels off, but I don't really give a fuck because its going to be good.

Liv/Carmella getting an Extreme Rules spot is weird.

Enjoyed Naomi confronting Sonya the way she did backstage. Curious if leads to Sonya in the ring again.

Final segment between Becky and Bianca was fine if nothing special. It is good to see Bianca loved so much.

8 minutes ago, DEAN said:

YAAAY!  Toni Storm!

Sadly her match was pretty short.

• Like 2

Naomi promo was great and effective. A reminder that you don't need a 20-minute segment to talk and tell a solid story. 

Paul E and Kayla continue to be my favorite on-screen duo in the biz right now. Absolutely entertaining every week.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Eivion said:

Liv/Carmella getting an Extreme Rules spot is weird.

We'll see what the spot really is, but WWE has been reasonably high on Carmella for a while and Morgan is an on-off project ever since NXT (when she wasn't really any good but still got featured). It's not that surprising that they get rotated in here.

• Like 2

Naomi came with the fire last night. I'm assuming that this is leading to Naomi vs Sonya.

I enjoyed the Homecoming even Becky coming in and spoiling it. Becky's done a great job of making me want to see Bianca beat her ass.

The Liv/Carmella thing has been off and on for months. It's cool that they are going to get a PPV match. Likely pre-show but I'll take it. 

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Drip Queen. I saw she wore a huge ass fur coat last week, that was boss.

She's really embracing the being the heel stuff! I mean she pulls it off, sure, but no one is going to cheer a wrestler dressed like that! I certainly appreciate the effort!

• Like 2

The end segment was decent but here's the problem:   Bianca is really over and now that Becky has made her look foolish on a few occasions it should be Bianca's match to win at the PPV right?  But will that happen?   Probably not..  They are risking Bianca to get over this meh Becky heel turn. 

• Like 1

It might have been choice of gear, but Toni Storm looked like she had slimmed down quite a bit. Might have been a bulk and cut, and I am wary of saying the wrong thing here but I suspect there may be those who think her thiccness was part of her personal brand.

As is, I am not sure presenting her as some kind of '80s rock chick' like she's the female Dolph Ziggler is the way to go. Do I really give a shit her Mother forced her to listen to mostly terrible music? I mean Tone would at least license her some Def Leopard or Megadeath or something...

Edited by RunningFromAmerica
  • Haha 3

Is there a worse look in wrestling than having a top heel in the ring, cutting his top heel promo, going for crowd interaction and then repeatedly saying "Don't be shy"?

They should have given him an ear piece with a can of crowd feed, so he could have heard the loud response that we could hear on TV, rather than the obvious silence in the building. 

• Sad 1

On 9/18/2021 at 10:23 AM, D.Z said:

Bwoke my nwose

Liv-Morgan-Zelina-Vega-WWE-Smackdown.png 

Ever since "Get Shorty", any nose shots inspire me to hear Dennis Farina screaming, "CALL 9-FUCKING-1-1-1!" in the most nasal voice possible.

• Haha 1

On 9/19/2021 at 12:21 PM, scatterheart said:

Bianca is doing great as the new/next top baby face. Genuinely likeable. Not worried about her at all.

Is it too much to ask that she wear a different colored muppet pelt to the ring each week?