DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: WEEK 11

Dolfan in NYC

I love football. I love Boston being butthurt. I love games so tense, you're leaning forward on your couch with your hands clasped.

I love Cam Newton, I love Steve Smith and Luke Kuechly and Ted Ginn, I love Brady petulantly cursing out a referee - by the way, how would ESPN respond if that was Cam? - and I love football. 

Next up, Miami.

• Like 1

That's two games this year the Pats have been arguably utterly jobbed on.

Karma for the millions of questionable calls and no calls they've gotten over the years, including one 15 yard personal foul no call early in this game.

Where's the karma for Steve Smith being an absolute abortion of a human being, and Cam Newton being a scumbag?

Karma for the millions of questionable calls and no calls they've gotten over the years, including one 15 yard personal foul no call early in this game.

Where's the karma for Steve Smith being an absolute abortion of a human being, and Cam Newton being a scumbag?

I know a fan of Detroit isnt calling Cam a scumbag.

Suh wishes he was half the man Steve Smith is.

• Like 1

I know a fan of Detroit isnt calling Cam a scumbag.

Suh wishes he was half the man Steve Smith is.

A nobody? He's not even the most famous wide receiver named Steve Smith.

For the life of me I can't come up with all the other QB's who cashed in tuck rule coupons to win playoff games. (Plus he threw as many TD passes as Drew Bledsoe in those particular playoffs; one a piece. Hot f'ing shit.) So until some other asshole team comes along and cashes in one on the final drive of the Super Bowl the Pats will always deserve to be the team on the shit end of the stick if a horrible call just happens to made against somebody. Now that's not to say Brady isn't a top five all-time guy. He is. But to pretend he's had the same postseason success as Montana without mentioning that one of his rings is bogus? Can't do it. Good for the Patriots; good for them to get screwed once in a while.

Now backtracking to the lousy call on Sunday; I must admit in real time it looked like a blatant as hell clothesline. So much so that I didn't even look at the replays that closely right after the play because I thought it was that blatant and if a horse collar is a penalty a Stan Hansen clothesline sure as hell is.

But seeing it slowed down today on all the shows it just looked like a clean hard tackle with the guy's arm/hand getting more of the outside of (and clearly grasping) Brees' sleeve/shoulderpad as being bowed up to clothesline the little bastard across the throat. The problem is you're just not allowed to even tackle the QB remotely hard anymore or the overprotective zebras  will always assume the worst and reflexively throw a flag. The message is clear: don't you dare hit a QB hard lest you hit him at the wrong angle where it just looks so bad the refs have to cave and throw the flag.

"It's Ok to make bad calls if they happen to teams that win a lot. We should celebrate incompetence in those situations."

"Tom Brady is a bad loser, makes strange hair style decisions and has an impossibly attractive wife. He is a Bad Person"

Tom Brady is a bad person because he left his pregnant girlfriend for a model.

• Like 4

"It's Ok to make bad calls if they happen to teams that win a lot. We should celebrate incompetence in those situations."

"Tom Brady is a bad loser, makes strange hair style decisions and has an impossibly attractive wife. He is a Bad Person"

Never mind the model--leaving a pregnant girlfriend at all is low. How he still manages to get away with that mystifies me.  Leaves Bridget in December when she's pregnant and gets with Gisele the next week.  He was clearly f*cking both of them at the same time. Every other athlete gets racked other the coals for their out of wedlock babies, but Brady gets a pass.  Unreal.

• Like 1

Never mind the model--leaving a pregnant girlfriend at all is low. How he still manages to get away with that mystifies me. Leaves Bridget in December when she's pregnant and gets with Gisele the next week. He was clearly f*cking both of them at the same time. Every other athlete gets racked other the coals for their out of wedlock babies, but Brady gets a pass. Unreal.

I wish I could express shock at Brady getting a pass, but when the Eagles signed Vick in 2009, the radio waves were lit up with calls like "I don't care if they signed Osama bin Laden, I want a Super Bowl!" People are easy to forgive the transgressions of their best hope.