DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: WEEK 11

Dolfan in NYC

To be fair - the Bills said something to the league back in June, it is only coming out now because someone brought up the fact that both of the games against the Jets were coming when the Jets had 10 days of rest. So it was more them complaining then not really now.

But if anyone is curious...

Buffalo is the only team in the league in which six of their games are against clubs coming off extra rest. They’re also the only team with three of those games against divisional opponents.

The only other NFL club that comes close is the Atlanta Falcons. They have four games against teams coming off extra rest including a pair of division opponents in Carolina and Tampa Bay.

Six teams play three games against opponents coming off extra rest (Arizona, Carolina, NY Giants, Oakland, Philadelphia, Tampa Bay). Another seven have just two games against clubs with extra preparation time.

A whopping 14 teams have just one game against an opponent coming off more than a week of rest leaving just three teams which have no scheduling disadvantage.

Kansas City, New England and New Orleans have no games against opponents with an extended rest.

The Saints do face Seattle coming off their bye week, but have a Thursday night game of their own providing them with three extra days to prepare themselves.

Only four NFL teams had their bye weeks compromised. Their opponent that week either had a bye themselves or a Thursday night game the same week (Buffalo, Houston, Indianapolis, Seattle).

Something like that actually happened to Northwestern in football last year. Four of their eight conference games were against teams coming off byes, along with one non-conference game and the bowl game. Also, one of the non-conference games was against a team coming off of nine days rest. Shit just happens sometimes - it's not an intentional attempt to bone the team

Something like that actually happened to Northwestern in football last year. Four of their eight conference games were against teams coming off byes, along with one non-conference game and the bowl game. Also, one of the non-conference games was against a team coming off of nine days rest. Shit just happens sometimes - it's not an intentional attempt to bone the team

It's an intentional attempt to avoid boning teams care about by boning a team no one cares about.

• Like 1

I could see that happening more often in college either there's like two or three bye weeks not counting bowl game prep.

As devout a fan as I am, I didn't realize that until the news blip. I am sure its just a scheduling fluke, but of all teams it had to be my Bills, I thought this is why we had the Jaguars :) Ah well, next year it will be another teams turn to bitch. . . .

Apparently the weather in Chicago is going to horrible for the Bears vs Ravens

Good! That means it'll be old-school bad weather football like Bears fans like.

Between all the injuries I'd probably rather not have our guys playing on the Midway Marsh.

Matt McGloin officially starting for the Raiders this week

Uh, who? 

I'm guessing he looks like Tom Brady and shreds the Texans secondary like a light saber through butter.  What with no Ed Reed's corpse manning the deep middle anymore.

Apparently the weather in Chicago is going to horrible for the Bears vs Ravens

Good! That means it'll be old-school bad weather football like Bears fans like.

Between all the injuries I'd probably rather not have our guys playing on the Midway Marsh.

That is one of the worst playing surfaces isn't it? That and Pittsburgh? I would think that means Cutler is sitting even if he didn't hurt himself again last week. . .

Oh man - the DC Fox decided to show the SF/NO game instead of the originally planned GB/NYG

I mean I understand why - and I am clearly the only person who cares - but still disappointing

Surprusing, since id think they try to stick with nfc east ganes, esp vs the packers

They usually do air the NFC East game - and I think if Aaron Rodgers was still playing they would have stuck with it.

But clearly they also think that if the Skins stink at 3-6, the Giants shouldn't get any shine either