DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: WEEK 11

Dolfan in NYC

The Broncos defense may very well not be for real.

The Chiefs have veered wildly from massive underachievement last year to beating everybody in their path this year.  I was pretty sure going into the season they would compete (I said on here back at the beginning of the season that if I were a betting man, I'd put some money on them making the playoffs.  Now I regret that I am not a betting man) but 10-0 would be shocking.

The Broncos will be able to at least keep the illusion of being real up until Peytons feet fall off at the ankle. The Chiefs are a team I keep waiting to implode. I mean Alex Smith at QB and Andy Reid as head coach you know that team is going to just fall apart sometime and it will be glorious. They're the great regular season record team that is going to get killed in the playoffs (especially if Bowe's marijuana arrest stuff (court date currently in Dec) goes bad for him and he gets suspended at the end of the year, which would be strike 2 for him I believe.

I think this week will be more of a test for the Lions than last week was.  

Pittsburgh away has banana peel written all over it.  If the Lions can win this game - a game that they really should win - then I'll start getting all kinds of overly optimistic.

• Like 1

Ed Reed released by the Texans today.  Can't say that I was surprised considering he was talking trash about the coaching staff and the fact that he apparently died at some point over the summer. 

Of course, the Texans were 2-0 with Ed Reed not in the lineup, and 0-7 with him in.  In other words, with this move, the Texans will commence a 7-0 run, snag a wild card and then win the Superbowl.

That's the ticket.

Ed Reed released by the Texans today.  Can't say that I was surprised considering he was talking trash about the coaching staff and the fact that he apparently died at some point over the summer. 

Of course, the Texans were 2-0 with Ed Reed not in the lineup, and 0-7 with him in.  In other words, with this move, the Texans will commence a 7-0 run, snag a wild card and then win the Superbowl.

That's the ticket.

Ed Reed's festering corpse=better than what the Cowboys presently have at safety.

The Cards loss isn't bothering me too much, they look fairly legit, especially on D.

But god that blown game against Cincy, at home, is haunting me.  There is no reason they shouldn't have won that game.

That's the ticket.

Ed Reed's festering corpse=better than what the Cowboys presently have at safety.

I will take a few cadavers over Jeff Heath. Anything but Jeff Heath.

The Broncos will be able to at least keep the illusion of being real up until Peytons feet fall off at the ankle. The Chiefs are a team I keep waiting to implode. I mean Alex Smith at QB and Andy Reid as head coach you know that team is going to just fall apart sometime and it will be glorious. They're the great regular season record team that is going to get killed in the playoffs (especially if Bowe's marijuana arrest stuff (court date currently in Dec) goes bad for him and he gets suspended at the end of the year, which would be strike 2 for him I believe.

Speaking of which, if and when marijuana becomes legal nationwide, does the Federal Government ruling override the NFL's stand on it, or can the NFL still call it a no no?

Speaking of which, if and when marijuana becomes legal nationwide, does the Federal Government ruling override the NFL's stand on it, or can the NFL still call it a no no?
That would actually already be an issue for players/coaches/staff of the Donkeys and Seahawks since both states allow personal use. Now Bowe would have had an issue since he was carrying WAY more then the legal limit. Thou I guess the NFL argument if someone ever tried to fight it would be that even if it's legal the CBA trumps it. But I would also guess in 10-20 years as more states begin to see the tax stream that the next CBA changes. Also there is a study out I've seen but can't remember where that says a majority of Americans believe neither pot or alcohol should lead to someone being fired.

Fucking Hell

BYU Cougars ‏@BYUcougars 56m

Former #BYU TE Todd Christensen passed away this morning due to complications from surgery. Our love & prayers are w/the Christensen family.