DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 9/18/2021

TimLivingston

22 minutes ago, Ace said:

IMO, Kingston has been one of the best people on a microphone for most of the last decade. 

I'm not saying he isn't, and I've liked him on previous Elevations, but this night in particular he seemed to not realize he wasn't the only one out there.

• Like 2

He was incredibly extra. He's great but yeah he's gotta take in some air and let others talk occasionally. 

Wow, I'm surprised by that Henry news. He wasn't a natural but so few are. It takes most a long time to get good at it. I'd prefer they just stuck with a three man booth particularly with Jericho around. Now that guy really needs to reel it in. 

So is Henry an agent and doing the rampage interviews moving forward? 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1

In contrast, I've NEVER liked Ricky Starks on commentary. He's like the anti-Kingston, in that he's so demure and almost has to be prompted to say something. Huge contrast to his promos and in-ring presence, which I guess goes to show what different skillsets they are.

• Like 1

Henry absolutely sucked on commentary; more to the point there was absolutely nothing in his history that suggested he'd be any good on commentary. A case of a notable free agent coming available who they wanted to somehow squeeze into the presentation. He's 50 but hell George Foreman was 45 when he won the Heavyweight Title - better to have used Henry sparingly as an occasional in-ring talent along old grizzled unstoppable bounty hunter lines. Sticking someone who can't speak and worse, seems to speak a full few moments after his brain has processed what's going on, did no one any favours.

I think it was Henry who wanted to try commentary, not that AEW brought him in specifically for that. But I think they got it backwards - Paul Wight should have been brought it mainly in a utility way, and Henry should have been the part time in-ring talent. But if Henry really feels like he's done, which he said as much at the All Out FanFest panel, then hey, more power to him. But that QT match at All Out would have been so much more fun if it was Mark Henry instead.

And I'm not even that big of a fan of Mark Henry inside the ring, which is borderline heresy on this board.

• Like 1

Wight's knees made me and my friends really uncomfortable during All Out. Like his legs are inverted bows and he is massive. How is he okay to wrestle on them sons of bitches? They've been like that for how long now? 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1