DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 9/15/2021

Dolfan in NYC

FTR are a nice pairing for Martin since they can hang with all his timing-based stuff in a way not everyone can. "Joe Blanchard's baby boy" was the highlight of Punk's commentary for me. 

I missed the beginning of the promo, but Fuego stunting on the hood of a goddamned Hyundai was cracking me up. Miro doesn't want your Elantra, bro.

I really thought they were teasing a Christopher Daniels return in the opening match. I feel bad for Frankie but I don't think you can call yourself an Elite Hunter if the only one you beat was Cutler. 

Leyla Hirsch is my wife's favorite wrestler based on two matches. Can't say she chose poorly. 

Great show that really flew by. Nothing except the Jericho/Lambert thing outstayed it's welcome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, AxB said:

This not-a-war is a great time to be a fan, isn't it?

Personally i felt Smackdown was a pretty good show this week from MSG and while RAW was not 'good'  ... the main event and main event angle/match were good..  

So sure..  if AEW has lit a fire under WWE's ass then that's great but if not i'm enjoying AEW so much that i'm getting my wrestling fix regardless. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Lessons in prepping a gimmicked table… Do not wrap a gimmicked table.

I don't think it was supposed to break. The table, Punk was certainly broken. 

I love the beginning of Leyla's theme. "MY DAD IS A GENTLEMAN!" 

I think that's the lyric. Very Russian to put over the father first. 

Edited by MoeCristyV.1.6
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Brandon Bones said:

So what’s the over/under on Hook having a vast array of Tazplexes followed by stoic arm crossing?

I know I've seen him do a judo throw on someone on Dark so I would imagine his offense would be more in that type of style. HOOK using a Dragon sleeper is like the perfect thing. It's a hook that HOOK can wrap onto you. Ok, I'm sorry I got a little caught up there.

The rest of the show was pretty good. I loved how Rosario had no fear jumping onto Black's back like that. That was a fun brawl with Black and Cody.

I think I'm the only one who doesn't get the need for Dan Lampert doing his cranky old man thing each week. But hey if Paige Van Zant got into Wrestling with AEW it wouldn't be such a bad thing.

• Like 1

what an event. Cole/Kazarian super solid opener, was looking forward to being able to enjoy Cole more in a setting like this. Six man tag next week should be fun. 

Welcome back Cody! Awesome brawl and build up to next week's showdown. Rosario getting involved was a cool extra touch. the Butcher & Blade suddenly being top contenders is interesting.

Love the ATT badass squad. Kayla Harrison definitely looked like a natural in there and ready to fight, definite great pro wrestling heel potential and would also be a great new path for Paige after years of her name coming up as possibly getting in to wrestling. Still wish it was Jericho & Hager vs. Arlovski & Dos Santos - that would be awesome. 

Jade/Leyla was good stuff. Looking forward to the Rise of the Undefeated Gunn Club. Great angle with Punk and Team Taz, smart use of Punk being there on commentary for a reason. 

Spears/Darby was great. Between this and the Guevara match, Spears seems to have finally turned a corner with some standout performances. Post-match angle was aces, very old school with Tully, loved it. 

Kind of disappointed that Bryan/Omega is not for the title. Feels like it lessens the drama of such a big match on such a big show and seems like if Bryan wins then they rematch at Full Gear then it's another Christian situation. But still looking forward to it regardless.

Fun main event, even better post match. The Suzuki Incident! Glad that was rectified at least with a bonus appearance. Thought they'd have him hit the Piledriver on the table to close the show with some momentum, but dig the chaotic nature.

Next week is crazy stacked. Really like that Rampage gets to go 2 hours already for the first time, certainly a big time feel. That stadium with that record crowd is gonna be incredible. So much going on all the time throughout these shows and there's always so much more to look forward to with the upcoming shows. 

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Further seed planting for Mount Rushmore turning on Omega: Callis told him to turn down the match and Omega ignored him out of pride. 

I've been primed for a "The Lieutenant of the heel stable leads a coup" angle since Dynamite's inception so I'm more than down with this

(nevermind that I thought it was going to be Guevara on Jericho but the landscape has changed since then)

• Like 2

Malakai should have kicked Polka Dot Guys face in. I thought that was his purpose. 

I love these nonsense segments in AEW. Malakai Black comes out to Adress Rosario Dawson (why?) just so Cody can come out and brawl with him. 

I also wonder what superhero or movie he cosplayed with his red outfit. So he can complain that nobody got the reference. 

Edited by MoeCristyV.1.6
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Freudian_Slap said:

As always the continuing perfecting of self tanner application by Don is criminally underrated

Gotta teach Adam Cole to hit the knees if his gimmick is to roll down the kneepads, jeez.

• Like 3

Fucking awesome show. I swear, every Dynamite that looks ok on paper winds up being great. Plus, I love when wrestling is just motherfuckers fighting and this had a ton of motherfuckers just out and out fighting each other. 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, kafkonia said:

Help me with the Omega shirt symbolism this week, folks?

Danielson called him out for dressing like an overcompensating goof. This is the first time he's been threatened for true as champion and is bringing his A game, so he wears a Danielson-inspired white shirt (Haoming shout out). He wore one last week too but that was under the garish jacket. 

• Like 2