DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 9/15/2021

Dolfan in NYC

That was fucking great.  Cody and Black was fucking awesome.  Leyla Hirsch is a tiny Ricky Steamboat.  Moxley/Suzuki was fucking epic.  Danielson and Omega was so big time.

• Like 14

1 minute ago, DEAN said:

Danielson and Omega was so big time.

That's exactly it. Feels like the biggest thing this promotion has done to date. I mean it isn't bigger than Punk's return but in terms of wrestling matches, this is the biggest for me. The two best in the world, let's fucking go. 

• Like 3

I just realized that Rampage is gonna be taped next Wednesday as well which means I'm also seeing Punk vs Hobbs plus all that other awesomeness.  Not gonna freak out or whatever but that's really, really fucking cool.

As for tonight I was impressed by Leyla/Jade.  Their stuff on Dark was super effective in not just building interest but setting the table for their match.  Not sure if people had that interest if they didn't see it but it worked for me.  I personally would have loved for Leyla to get the hometown win but she still got the moral victory by making it super competitive for Jade.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, Brandon Bones said:

So what’s the over/under on Hook having a vast array of Tazplexes followed by stoic arm crossing?

Strokes his hair and then arm crossing. He should do them all. I love the dragon sleeper but, man, katahajime is right there. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Hey, wasn't Mox and Kingston vs Suzuki and Archer booked for Arthur Ashe Stadium? Why wasn't it part of the lineup they previewed before the main event? 

I think they announce it on dark elevation so it hasn't really happened yet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So we're not in a ratings war, but WWE did a bunch of hotshotting to pop a rating on an allegedly PPV-level RAW Monday (and did less than great). And now AEW is doing a PPV-level Dynamite/ Rampage double header next Wednesday too. This not-a-war is a great time to be a fan, isn't it?

I hope Top Flight start winning matches once Darius' leg gets better. Dante has taken some major strides while his older brother has been injured.

• Like 8