DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 9/10/2021

Dolfan in NYC

So I think I noticed a little board tribute on the show. When Voach Tony K used to post here, that time period overlaps with the brief time when our dear departed Old School John had mod powers. And John's go to phrase for giving people a warning was "You're on thin ice, (last name)". Which is exactly the phrase Bowens used to silence Caster.

Assuming TK is paying enough attention here to know that John passed, that's quite a nice tribute. Or a coincidence. Who can say?

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Matt D said:

She definitely adds to the act but I  find her entrance where she underlines her name pretty funny. We know, Julia.

I love the fact for like the first month of her AEW career they would mention she was a Two-Time National Champion, but never told us in WHAT.

6 hours ago, AxB said:

To the point that not only Red Velvet, but also Riho got booed.

That's the correct response. They're both dreadful.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, just drew said:

Who was the name of the girl they added last minute to the Battle Royale? I'm assuming instead of just having Julia get eliminated in 4 minutes they decided to let the other girl have the shine.

Julia was written out of the battle royale at those Dark tapings as a precaution, because they thought she might have injured her knee. If they wanted to take someone out of the match to give someone else some shine, Reba was right there (and hardly did shit in the match anyway), and doesn't want to be an in-ring talent anyway (or even on-screen, but that was pre-Britt Baker team-up).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, (BP) said:

They weren’t going to put Julia near Caster again. I’d imagine she won’t be around for any of the Pillman/MJF stuff either. 

Was the dig at her part of the suspension? I thought it was mostly the r*pe comment

4 hours ago, AxB said:

So I think I noticed a little board tribute on the show. When Voach Tony K used to post here, that time period overlaps with the brief time when our dear departed Old School John had mod powers. And John's go to phrase for giving people a warning was "You're on thin ice, (last name)". Which is exactly the phrase Bowens used to silence Caster.

Assuming TK is paying enough attention here to know that John passed, that's quite a nice tribute. Or a coincidence. Who can say?

This would be so fucking cool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Julia was written out of the battle royale at those Dark tapings as a precaution, because they thought she might have injured her knee. If they wanted to take someone out of the match to give someone else some shine, Reba was right there (and hardly did shit in the match anyway), and doesn't want to be an in-ring talent anyway (or even on-screen, but that was pre-Britt Baker team-up).

Reba was in the match.

1 minute ago, just drew said:

Reba was in the match.

Yes, I know? I said if their intention was to just take someone out of the match, Reba was right there. And she's already went on record, on AEW's podcast no less, that she doesn't want to wrestle or even be an on-screen talent - she just wanted to do hair and makeup. They wrote Julia out of the match at the same Dark tapings because they thought she was injured, not because they wanted to give some shine to an unsigned talent over an official roster member.

2 minutes ago, Casey said:

Yes, I know? I said if their intention was to just take someone out of the match, Reba was right there. And she's already went on record, on AEW's podcast no less, that she doesn't want to wrestle or even be an on-screen talent - she just wanted to do hair and makeup. They wrote Julia out of the match at the same Dark tapings because they thought she was injured, not because they wanted to give some shine to an unsigned talent over an official roster member.

Ahhh. I got you. I thought you meant they could've stuck Reba in. My bad. Been a long weekend.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Nineteen said:

Was the dig at her part of the suspension? I thought it was mostly the r*pe comment

I don’t know, but it didn’t appear like she knew about it beforehand and maybe wasn’t comfortable with it. I don’t think saying what he said about a teenage girl was really any better than the Duke thing anyway. 

38 minutes ago, just drew said:

I thought you meant they could've snuck Reba in My bed. Be a long weekend.

For a second, I read this as that.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I don’t know, but it didn’t appear like she knew about it beforehand and maybe wasn’t comfortable with it. I don’t think saying what he said about a teenage girl was really any better than the Duke thing anyway. 

I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say you hadn't/haven't seen his previous intros, because he was saying shit about her for weeks before the suspension.

If what he said about her played into the suspension in any way, it was only because everything else got people's attention, because nobody said boo when he was talking about her getting Eiffel Tower'd by Griff and Pillman Jr.

20 minutes ago, kafkonia said:

If what he said about her played into the suspension in any way, it was only because everything else got people's attention, because nobody said boo when he was talking about her getting Eiffel Tower'd by Griff and Pillman Jr.

I wasn’t really speculating about the suspension, just about why she wasn’t on Rampage. I think they wanted Caster to be less likely to say something stupid again, and I’d be surprised if Julia gets involved in Pillman’s program with MJF for the same reason.  

7 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

Are we going to have to go to Urban Dictionary for this, cause I don't know what that means.

To keep it somewhat clean, basically Caster was saying they all have sex together, you can look up the term for more specific details. 

At one point, when they were doing Acclaimed vs Varsity Blondes in 6 mans and 8 mans every week, Caster and Bowens put Griff into Eiffel Tower position. And then didn't even do a Spike Piledriver out of it.

On 9/11/2021 at 6:27 PM, Casey said:

Julia Hart isn't injured.

We are splitting hairs between worked injury angles and shoot injury angles which is kinda silly.   

Julia isn't actually hurt.  Julia is taking a Smoky Mountain piledriver vacation.....  well....  If the unsafe do of Jade Cargill and Nyla Rose are the ones perpetrating the beatdown, Julia may very well be legit injured.  Just sayin' is all.

Julia may be the female Ricky Morton.  Green though she may be, she is an adorable and sympathetic babyface and it is almost heartbreaking to watch her get wrecked.

Edited by J.T.