DVDVR Message Board

Extreme Rules XIII - 9/26/2021

Dolfan in NYC

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

Sheamus' mocking Jeff Hardy made me laugh.

This match was so ho-hum and then the finishing stretch (including this schtick) was aces.

I like that they gave every match time and the PPV was very strong until the WTF finish of a really, really good Main Event.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Natural said:

FAQlSEgXsAMvjd6?format=jpg&name=900x900

Dude is a two time cancer survivor and the definition of immunocompromised. So yes, he probably masks up everywhere. Especially among an indoors pro-wrestling crowd in the middle of Ohio. 

Also, that mask makes him look like a murderous Samoan ninja.  

He should mask up more often. 

• Like 9

I would be down for Roman going full Mortal Kombat

Also is it me or does it feel like WWE is badly piping in crowd noise these days? The audio of the crowd looked at odds with the amount of people sitting on their hands and all the chants felt very convenient for when they struck up

On the women's side of things, I'm a little surprised they had Sasha run in for the DQ.  I would have sworn she was going to Raw next week.  But now?   

Also, the number of people chanting for Becky was... disheartening.   

Though reading the tea leaves a little... I'd guess Bianca and... Bayley(?) are going to Monday.  With Shayna, Asuka, and/or Doudrop heading to SDL? 

43 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Dude is a two time cancer survivor and the definition of immunocompromised. So yes, he probably masks up everywhere. Especially among an indoors pro-wrestling crowd in the middle of Ohio. 

Also, that mask makes him look like a murderous Samoan ninja.  

He should mask up more often. 

To be fair to Roman, Sasha was also in the building*.

*if internet scuttlebutt about her recent vacation is to be believed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

On the women's side of things, I'm a little surprised they had Sasha run in for the DQ.  I would have sworn she was going to Raw next week.  But now?   

Though reading the tea leaves a little... I'd guess Bianca and... Bayley(?) are going to Monday.  With Shayna, Asuka, and/or Doudrop heading to SDL? 

I wouldn't read into anything beyond the WWE booking a match that they didn't want anyone to lose

Knowing the WWE - they will just run the 3 way on one of the Draft Shows

As per usual - stories are out that USA is cranky that FOX gets both Roman and Becky so don't be shocked if Rollins and Becky get moved to RAW (which you could get the belt off of Becky in said 3 way without her losing the fall)

• Like 2

So I have no idea what to make of the ending to the main event?  Right now, my best guess is that Demon's dark lord and master, Satan, tuned in late, saw that his boy was about to lose, and sent some dark energy Balor's way so the Demon could hulk up and beat Roman down.  But.... God was watching and decided to help Roman by breaking the rope because.... I dunno... God's actually a heel.  Well, duh.  Take a look at the daily news.  What else is new?

Show was mostly decent except for the main event ending and the Alexa stuff, but I still wish I hadn't flipped between Extreme Rules and NFL to get high school drama club productions of The Exorcist.

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

Also if Satan is watching wrestling I would think he would follow AEW with Malachi Black.    Also God is still pissed for having to work a PPV with Vince 

That match was really disappointing.  i still don't know if God throws good punches.

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

How so?  I mean, Becky is probably one of the most popular people in the company.  I'm not a fan of fans cheering the heel, but it was to be expected in this case.  Actually, I'm surprised how many people are cheering Sasha and booing Becky.

It's going to take a lot of work to get heel Becky over.  The Man was originally a heel gimmick, but people refused to boo her so the booking turned her back face rather quickly.  I won't be surprised if this heel run doesn't go mostly the same way.