DVDVR Message Board

Extreme Rules XIII - 9/26/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Oh hey, a PPV!  It might be good?  

The card: 

EXTREME RULES MATCH FOR THE WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP - Roman Reigns (c) vs. The Demon Finn Balor

*FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP - The Almighty Bobby Lashley vs. BIG E (c)

FOR THE SMACKDOWN WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Becky Lynch (c) vs. Bianca Bel Air

FOR THE RAW WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Alexa Bliss 

TRIPLE THREAT FOR THE UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP - Damian Priest (c) vs. Sheamus vs. Jeff Hardy

FOR THE SMACKDOWN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The Usos (c) vs. Street Profits

The New Day vs. The Almighty Bobby Lashley/AJ Styles/Omos

Liv Morgan vs. Carmella

--

I'm not really looking forward to Roman beating the Demon, but what are ya gonna do?  

9 hours ago, Matt D said:

Aren’t they going to do one of those goofy tags where all the belts are on the line with Riddle and MVP?

It seems to be trending in that direction, though that could also end on a RAW

10 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

Do any of these matches have an "extreme" stipulation?

Not yet - the WWE in recent years has been doing this thing where they announce the matches first and then spend a couple of weeks building up to some sort of stip.

On 9/10/2021 at 9:09 AM, RIPPA said:

It seems to be trending in that direction, though that could also end on a RAW

It really really seems like they are trending in this direction now as the Lashley/Orton title match has been moved to RAW in lieu of the tag match

I don't think I've seen it officially announced yet, but I'm assuming Bobby Lashley will get his rematch here.  

Also, thinking two steps ahead....  I wonder if they took the strap off Bobby so he could lose to Goldberg at Crown Jewel without that whole pesky "old, extremely dangerous cripple as champion" problem.

4 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I don't think I've seen it officially announced yet, but I'm assuming Bobby Lashley will get his rematch here.  

Also, thinking two steps ahead....  I wonder if they took the strap off Bobby so he could lose to Goldberg at Crown Jewel without that whole pesky "old, extremely dangerous cripple as champion" problem.

That match doesn’t need a title, especially if they use a prop like a cage.

13 hours ago, AxB said:

Do any of the matches on this Extreme Rules PPV have any kind of stipulations, at all? Any kind of No DQ, Streetfight, anything like that?

None announced so far though I assume that changes next week. Its weird since a couple these seemed like obvious matches for stips to happen based off of the build and/or promos.

We will have to see if there are any gimmicks matches or this PPV really is just Clash of Champions renamed. COC was originally planned for Sept 26 before Extreme Rules replaced it.

Or maybe WWE will hotshot the gimmicks matches out during the PPV

I'd actually watch this PPV tonight if the show had gimmick matches like usual, since I love that type of stuff. But then I see only one has a stip, and that's kind of lame.

A triple threat match? Oh, boy, now that's extreme.

Liking the line-up particularly Reigns/Balor.

Added an hour ago on YouTube:

Great match between Roman Reigns and AJ Styles. One of the best matches of both. Wanted them to go at it again ever since. @Eivion the same. Hopefully Styles gets drafted to Smackdown in the upcoming WWE Draft.