DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 9/8/2021

Dolfan in NYC

The biggest issue I had with the MJF promo was challenging fans to hop the guardrail. That is begging for a really bad situation and it's even worse given what happened several weeks back with that idiot attacking Jericho.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

Did I miss it here in the thread, or did they really cut Minoru Suzukis theme short? I don't know, maybe I am the only one who noticed. 

13 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Cutting Kaze ni Nare makes this the worst episode of wrestling that has ever aired.

Thought the main event was underwhelming in general.  Hayter getting jobbed out to Soho was disappointing too, though the catering insult was amusing.  Not really getting Soho's sudden appeal.

The Adam Cole bit ruled.  When Tony surreptitiously did the finger point at the end of Baker's interview, I thought to myself "Cole should come out and stomp his hand."   

• Sad 2

This episode was kind of meh. Dustin/Black was alright but I wish Black was more aggressive with his offense. Hobbs/Martin was fun but kind of exposed both guys a little bit. MJF's shitty attempt at a Heatwave promo was awful. It was like watching Ron Funches cut a tough guy promo. Mox/Suzuki was just a speedrun of whatever they had planned. I did like Mox's knock out shots in the finishing stretch so that's something at least.

9 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

I forgot about Lambert, his segments have consistently been great and tonight was no exception. I like how he's more or less channeling Jim Cornette.

During the All Out scrum, Khan mentioned that he's upset him with some of his decisions but said the person he's probably learned about pro wrestling from the most was Cornette. It was Corny who said the "wrestling fans watch the wrestling show to see professional wrestlers pro wrestle," or whatever the line is, right? 

• Like 3

Dammit, why do the Creed brothers have to be in the wrong promotion? Because Dan Lambert managing THOSE GUYS with their Steiner Bros squash shtick are an infinitely better fit than Sky and Page in this role. 

As it is, I love Lambert but I’m not sure where this is going. Who is getting that heat here and how does that get resolved?

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Dammit, why do the Creed brothers have to be in the wrong promotion? Because Dan Lambert managing THOSE GUYS with their Steiner Bros squash shtick are an infinitely better fit than Sky and Page in this role. 

As it is, I love Lambert but I’m not sure where this is going. Who is getting that heat here and how does that get resolved?

Sky and Page attacked Lance Archer a few weeks ago, so I guess there'd be some kind of follow up to that. Give me Archer and Minoru Suzuki vs. The Men of the Year with Dan Lambert eating a Gotch-style piledriver.

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Men of the Year were working so well for most people, but does anyone seriously buy Ethan Page being into this dude rambling about millennials? Its such a bad fit. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Men of the Year were working so well for most people, but does anyone seriously buy Ethan Page being into this dude rambling about millennials? Its such a bad fit. 

He must be sweating when Lambert goes on rants against nerds. 

• Haha 2

The thing is Dan’s rants are good for out of touch heat with this audience. I just wish they found a better act (in terms of fit) to graft it onto.

In an alternate timeline, he’d have contributed more to Archer than Jake has. I wonder if that could have been a fun pairing. 

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Sky and Page attacked Lance Archer a few weeks ago, so I guess there'd be some kind of follow up to that. Give me Archer and Minoru Suzuki vs. The Men of the Year with Dan Lambert eating a Gotch-style piledriver.

My only beef with this would be that I think Lambert needs a foil that's also a talker who can counter his Facebook Uncle rants, but I'm not sure who that would be.

7 hours ago, Freudian_Slap said:

E-z8UR3X0AErA46?format=png&name=900x900

Best part of the show, Don looked great

I love how his Head and face are tanned so much deeper than his chest and hands.

7 hours ago, Hector said:

It was like watching Ron Funches cut a tough guy promo.

Ron Funches has a match against Tony Deppen at the next GCW in California show.

(Ron's ex-wife even DMed Deppen to let him know that she knew it would be driving Ron mental that a Wrestler personally disliked him, so she was really happy about it)