DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 9/8/2021

Dolfan in NYC

So clearly Hobbs got a gnarly concussion on that dive, yeah? His head bounced badly on the floor. Took forever to get back in the ring. Was out of place and falling about. Ref & Dante talking to him to call what was left. He forgot to cover on the spinebuster because he was so loopy. Trust me dude, I've been there a bunch. All things considered they kept it from going off the rails. That's a big plus for two guys as inexperienced as they are.

• Like 4

I'm looking forward to MJF vs. Brian Pillman, Jr. whenever that happens. I figured we'd get that on Rampage rather than Pillman vs. Max Caster. 

Tonight's show had everything I could have wanted. I also wish Moxley/Suzuki could have gone longer, but I'm happy with what we got. On top of that, we got CM Punk, Bryan Danielson, Adam Cole, and Ruby Soho. 

I'm super excited about next week in Newark, but also really nervous. If there's a time I'm going to relapse, it's going to happen when I'm in Newark. 

• Like 4

Truly the MJF/Pillman segment sucked all the air out of the room and also took up way too much fucking time. Suzuki should go house on both of those fuckers ?

Was it just me or was the crowd kind of a bummer? Maybe it was all the Chicago shows but Cincinnati seemed tame. 

Most of the actual matches delivered, I just wish they had more time, especially the main event. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bink_winkleman said:

Marked out hard for a real American Dragon promo. Could care less if the segment was too long or whatever. Awesome staredown.

If any non-match segment deserved to go long, it was this one. 

• Like 2

I’m fine with MJF doing what he do.  I too am a heel.

I just wish he was saying that hateful shit to somebody I care about.

Junior Pillman wasn’t up to the task tonight.  

The show wasn’t a home run.  But I’m getting Kenny Omega vs. Bryan Danielson on my tv.  

I don’t know about Pillman Jr. on the mic. He had the benefit of the best heel in the promotion going nuclear on his city and his entire family, and that was the best promo he could muster.

I wasn’t that familiar with Hayter before, but she is a star. They must be exploring their options as far as a tag team or secondary belt for the women’s division because their cup runneth over with talent right now. 

Edited by (BP)
  • Like 1

Also if we're all going to go and get upset about Caster's poor-taste rap, how the fuck do you let making fun of somebody's mother's drug addiction slide and then top it off with saying she should have aborted her son? Seriously, gross cheap fucking heat. 

• Like 9

Suzuki should get to squash one of the Wingmen next week to make up for the lack of Kaze Ni Nare. Hell, make it a tag match with Suzuki and Lance Archer, so Archer gets something to do. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 4

Felt like they put a lot of focus on some of the newer/younger stars tonight which was cool. Hobbs/Dante was good stuff, cool transition from Punk's segment. Black/Dustin pretty solid. Pillman Jr. got some spotlight shine. Ruby looked great. The Bucks' outfits were classic. Liked the setup for Omega/Bryan and or the Elite vs Bryan/Christian/Kazarian/Jurassic, always dig keeping Kazarian in that mix. Liked how just about everything from the PPV had some sort of follow up whether it was via quick promo/vignettes, matches, or moving on to what's next. 

Absolutely gutted that Kaze Ni Nare got cut, that made everything come off so much more rushed. Enjoyed what we got of the match, blood and violence, but definitely wanted so much more!

Always love how much is going on in AEW at all times and look forward to the throwing out announcements for next week and beyond. This one was wild as it's like here are the matches for Rampage in two days and here are matches for Dynamite next week and oh by the way CODY returns in Queens! I love it. 

• Like 3