DVDVR Message Board

Raw Spoilers for 11/11/13

victor

I'm reading these posts about the Roman Reigns love and I'm getting a terrible feeling that this might go the way of the Ryback. Everyone on the board loving the guy, waiting for him to come back and hopefully throwing big clotheslines in Georgia Championship Wrestling style squash matches.

Then, flash forward to now and what's left of him after "Creative" got their hands on him.

Reigns seems like the Diesel/Batista type wrestler who has a great marketable look, but when you push him to the moon he just has about 6 months worth of gas before he runs out because he lacks the in-ring ability that can get him to the next Mania. 

Both Zayn and Ziggler have taken it, I can't link right now as in on my phone but both the matches are on YouTube. Ziggler match is from Superstars, Sami took it in the 2/3 falls from NXT in what was one of the greatest finishing sequences I've ever seen.

I'm reading these posts about the Roman Reigns love and I'm getting a terrible feeling that this might go the way of the Ryback. Everyone on the board loving the guy, waiting for him to come back and hopefully throwing big clotheslines in Georgia Championship Wrestling style squash matches.

Then, flash forward to now and what's left of him after "Creative" got their hands on him.

The whole start/stop nature of Ryback's monster push (then aborted push) makes me wonder if it was all just some massive rib on Goldberg (or the original Goldberg phenomenon anyhow) by Vince himself. In the same way Hogan wanted to groom Renegade to be the next Ultimate Warrior so he could somehow get his win back over Warrior (or reasonable facsimile of.)

Well, Vince wanted to prove he could quickly manufacture his own Goldberg out of any lunkhead.....then turn him into just another piece of shit overnight. 

Reigns seems like the Diesel/Batista type wrestler who has a great marketable look, but when you push him to the moon he just has about 6 months worth of gas before he runs out because he lacks the in-ring ability that can get him to the next Mania. 

This is pretty accurate but Sheamus recently got a seventh month reign with the B belt and I know I didn't give a flying handshake about that.

It's the opposite with him, though.

In more ways than one. Sheamus is fine as the B or C face for a long time but that pasty fuck has never been remotely scary looking or had the same aura about him Reigns has. But  conversely if you mean Sheamus is more capable of losing here and there and not having as much luster taken off him as monsters like Batista or Reigns again I'd agree.

Assuming they don't unify the titles anytime soon though the Smackdown belt isn't as centered around 30-45 minutes of shitter chatter every week on RAW therefore carrying the lesser belt Reigns might not have to necessarily do much more than stand around, look scary and occasionally grunt something out that sounds menacing enough.

How many singles matches has Reigns had this year? 

I can only think of 3 off the top of my head. Two with Bryan, one with Orton. The Orton one was pretty bad. The first Bryan match was mediocre, and the second one was quite good. 

Particularly with how he sell,s you can tell the guy is learning a lot from traveling with Rollins and Ambrose.

Really didn't like Nattie botching the finish. She was practically in the ring before the "surprise" three count had been made. Or how Cena tosses the secondary belt around to the ring announcer. Makes it look like a piece of shit.

Babyface handicap matches are just stupid.

Big E Langston has a magnificent set of breasts.

While I don't doubt this may be true for Reigns, the WWE would be delighted if he ended up like Big Dave. Guy was over, moved loads of merch and had some great matches. I recently picked up the 3 disk Batista set they released on sale, and it's really good.

• Like 1

The difference is Reigns is significantly better than Ryback has ever been at pretty much everything. He started out better, improved faster, and continues to improve. Even if creative screws up with him later on, Reigns will have higher chance of recovering.

You guys are going to be disappointed when he has his first extended singles match. 

He already has, hasn't he? The Bryan match was pretty good.

Bryan's had better than good matches with RYBACK.