DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2021 - WEEK 1

RIPPA

Well he is definitely out for Week 2 - I mean they can do the song and dance that they are "waiting and seeing". He is out because Washington plays on Thursday.

That leaves them with Heinicke, Kyle Allen (who isn't 100% himself) and nothing.

TE Logan Thomas is their emergency QB on game days and if Thomas has to play QB - that hurts the offense on so many levels.

And since Steven Montez went to Detroit instead of sticking with WFT - they need warm bodies.

Oh and I should mention this because someone will be wondering - even if Ron Rivera wanted Cam Newton back (and he clearly doesn't) - they aren't signing him this week. Since by all accounts - Cam is not vaccinated, by league rules, he would need to sit for 5 days before joining the team so obviously that doesn't work for them this week.

I'll have to quibble on the "Criminal Complaints" -- a complaint is a formal charge prior to indictment, there's none of those right now.  HPD has talked to 10 of the 22 plaintiffs.  Per the Harris County DA, they'll present the cases straight to the grand jury.  They'll all be no-billed.  Going straight to the grand jury gives the DA political cover when the grand jury declines charges.  She can say "Well we tried, but the grand jury is the will of the people ..." which is all horse shit since a grand jury will indict just about anyone for just about anything. 

But then there's this:

Cue that AJ / Undertaker gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Cue that AJ / Undertaker gif

For the record, I'm laughing at this not any of the Deshaun Watson stuff.  I don't expect Urban Meyer to last the season, they got their ass beat by the team I expected  to be the worst in the league.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, supremebve said:

For the record, I'm laughing at this not any of the Deshaun Watson stuff.  I don't expect Urban Meyer to last the season, they got their ass beat by the team I expected  to be the worst in the league.  

Oh, the Texans definitely are the worst team in the league, Urban just got outcoached by .... David "happy to be here" Culley

• Haha 1