DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2021 - WEEK 1

RIPPA

Apparently with Trevor Lawrence losing today - David Carr is still the last QB picked first overall to win his first NFL start (a little squirrely since Kyler Murray tied his first start)

40 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Apparently with Trevor Lawrence losing today - David Carr is still the last QB picked first overall to win his first NFL start (a little squirrely since Kyler Murray tied his first start)

And Carr beat the Cowboys so it counted as two wins

• Haha 1

(8:50) (Shotgun) T.Bridgewater pass deep left to J.Jeudy to NYG 13 for 20 yards (J.Bradberry) [L.Williams]. FUMBLES (J.Bradberry), RECOVERED by NYG-J.Peppers at NYG 14. J.Peppers pushed ob at NYG 16 for 2 yards (J.Williams). DEN-J.Jeudy was injured during the play. The Replay Official reviewed the fumble ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (Shotgun) T.Bridgewater pass deep left to J.Jeudy to NYG 13 for 20 yards (J.Bradberry) [L.Williams]. DEN-J.Jeudy was injured during the play.

Umm... are you okay Gamecast?

I'm bummed The Giants lost. But credit where credit is due, Teddy Bridgewater looked like an elite top tier quarterback today. It's just one game so I'm not full on joining his fan club or anything. But New York played solid defense. Teddy just out played them on pretty much every snap. There were some real questionable calls in the game tho. Teddy's helmet fell of about 30 times so because it falls off when he was sliding a roughing call? Ugh. Same exact thing happened to Jones but his helmet stayed on so no penalty. (Although nothing was worse than that Jamis Winston roughing call on a Packers interception tho. All time bad call there). The Giants weren't terrible today. Jones did fumble once, ugh. But even he played better than last year. They just couldn't keep up with ole Teddy two Gloves.

Now they play Washington on Thursday and the loser will be all alone in the race for the number one draft pick for a few days. Fun. I hate football.

Week 1 Injury Updates (so far)

Niners fear that Corner Jason Verrett tore his ACL

Raheem Mostert also got hurt but Kyle Shanahan said he was told by doctor's that it isn't Mostert's ACL (they will know more after an MRI today)

Ryan Fitzpatrick will have his MRI this morning (most expect it to be a hip subluxation of some degree). Depending on who you listen to, he is either week to week or is going to retire.

Broncos WR Jerry Jeudy suffered a high ankle sprain (MRI today). Initial X-ray was negative.

Marshon Lattimore celebrated his new extension from the Saints by injuring his thumb. He returned to the game wearing a cast and is considered week to week.

Also - the Raiders have downgraded Josh Jacobs to Doubtful for tonight's game due to illness. (Does not appear to be COVID related)

And Rippa is going to hate me for triple replying to myself, but...

The Teamsters have brought in QB Kyle Shurmur to their practice squad. 

I'm guessing that's not a great sign for Fitzpatrick's injury status.