DVDVR Message Board

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 2022: 1/4, 1/5 and 1/8

Archibald

9 minutes ago, The Natural said:
  Reveal hidden contents

EVIL is the new NEVER Openweight Champion. EVIL and the House of Torture are the drizzling fucking shits. Can't stand them.

Spoiler

Fortunately it was only 12 minutes.

I used to be a huge EVIL fan and probably hung on longer than most, but even I'm done with him and the House of Torture shit.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Horangi said:
  Hide contents

Fortunately it was only 12 minutes.

I used to be a huge EVIL fan and probably hung on longer than most, but even I'm done with him and the House of Torture shit.

Spoiler

I'm trying to think of wrestlers/wrestling factions I can't stand more than EVIL/House of Torture. Fuck Hogan, JBL and Chris Benoit are the only three that come to my mind right now. Hell, I'd take Jinder Mahal over EVIL and the House of Torture. Amazes me that Gedo put the IWGP Heavyweight Championship/IWGP Intercontinental Championship on this fucking dork and persists on giving him belts, carrying on with this House of Torture bullshit. Poor Tomohiro Ishii deserves better. EVIL and Yujiro Takahashi fucking suck.

Edited by The Natural

I'll say this about EVIL (many scotches in may I add) - I think he can be salvaged.

Pre-heel EVIL was a good to great with the right opponent guy and I also think the lack of vocal crowds does hurt his act. But still, with the current state of things they need to do something. He needs to be a brutal bully, like Cobb, not a weasel heel. Yes Togo can get involved in big matches, but not EVERY match (I.e. he shouldn't have Togo interfering against YOSHI-HASHI). For me, it's just so frustrating to watch someone I really got behind 2 years ago go so bad and it seriously can easily be fixed but they don't.

Spoiler

I always lose my shit for white/gold attire big match Despy, so pumped for this one

• Like 1

So it looks like Shibata is fully cleared to wrestle then. They were hyping up what happens at all the upcoming shows, wk17, 18, 19. He’s back. 

Also new japan is back on cable tv in the USA, back on axs. Thursday at 10pm isn’t ideal, but at least they have a presence again. 

Spoiler

Damn what a match, takes a lot to make a silent Tokyo Dome crowd seem loud, but Okada & Takagi achieved it. What a war! 

Really enjoyed the junior title match too, but if you were expecting a 30 minute epic then you'll be disappointed. It was fast and creative, and am interested to see where Hiromu goes from here as I had him down as winning the breaking Minoru Tanaka's record.

The show was well paced and nothing dragged besides the horrid EVIL mess, but really was q 2 match show (emotional Shibata return and hot main)

Ospreay at the end though...ugh

Edited by Horangi
Post match promo addition
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Horangi said:
  Hide contents

Damn what a match, takes a lot to make a silent Tokyo Dome crowd seem loud, but Okada & Takagi achieved it. What a war! 

Really enjoyed the junior title match too, but if you were expecting a 30 minute epic then you'll be disappointed. It was fast and creative, and am interested to see where Hiromu goes from here as I had him down as winning the breaking Minoru Tanaka's record.

The show was well paced and nothing dragged besides the horrid EVIL mess, but really was q 2 match show (emotional Shibata return and hot main)

Wrestle Kingdom 16 Night One needed that Shingo Takagi vs. Kazuchika Okada match. The show didn't feel like a Wrestle Kingdom with the exception of that and Katsuyori Shibata's return.

Edited by The Natural

Spoiler

Okada win tomorrow makes the most sense as he has the most potential matches (plus I don't think Ospreay is hanging around in Japan when he has 3 other championships). At the very least Okada has Cobb and Ibushi (can play the 'he never truly beat me' card) as well as Takagi rematch as possible immediate title matches

• Like 1