DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 9/1/21

Technico Support

Bucks aren't bigger than either Punk or Starks (although Starks is pretty skinny - his ring-gear is not flattering); probs around same as Danielson. Darby yeah .. but that's a pretty extreme example. Darby's stature is really prohibitive to him becoming a bonafide World Champion unless they crown him and put him in programs with others in his wheelhouse (Punk is just about believable). Would have been like Rey winning it back in the day then just defending against Eddie/Jericho/Benoit etc. Doesn't diminish like for Darby - he's great.  Miro should retain (must retain); would be cool to see him go for both belts as a heel riff on Goldberg '98-style. There's a lot of mileage in that tank further up the card - but not if he loses here against a guy who, paired with a former long-standing World Champion couldn't take the tag titles .. noticeably neckbeard heavy crowd in those arenas though so they probably wouldn't give a fuck & he'd get a big pop.

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

It's not the DDT, it's his neck. Eddie specifically mentioned that and how he's going after his neck. 

EDIT: BTW, I fucking love that Miro is one of the champions or late game dudes from Punch-Out!! where he has this one weakness. I look forward to the eventual training videos of Miro strengthening his neck by lifting heavy weights and doing bridges and shit.

I’m down for a training video where Mox rides a bike with Eddie running behind him.

• Like 4

They need to make JR wear a "No More BS" shirt next week for saying Big Show on tv.

The last segment was good for putting over the Elite, bad for putting over the cage. The only thing keeping a million guys from jumping in was Brandon Cutler's magic spray.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2021 at 11:20 PM, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

If Jay White ever comes to AEW, he goes straight to the top. It's unreal how fast he transformed from Young Lion to main eventer. 

Jay White is going to get huge offers from everyone when he's next avaliable.  I'll be surprised if he stays with NJPW.

• Like 2

Not trying to personally slight anyone in particular; we're hearing these size arguments from a few different posters now, but if your suspension of disbelief is hurt by watching smaller guys wrestle, win matches, hold titles, etc., then maybe promotions where smaller guys wrestle, win matches, hold titles, etc. are not for you. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Not trying to personally slight anyone in particular; we're hearing these size arguments from a few different posters now, but if your suspension of disbelief is hurt by watching smaller guys wrestle, win matches, hold titles, etc., then maybe modern pro-wrestling is not for you. 

Agree 150% with your post, but just wanted to make a slight amendment

• Like 2
  • Haha 1