DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEP 2021

The Natural

Well, I have to work the night of the 16th of November and will be off shift around 8 in the morning on the 17th.  I am seriously considering getting tickets for the show in Norfolk on the 17th and taking leave on the 18th and 19th.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Well, I have to work the night of the 16th of November and will be off shift around 8 in the morning on the 17th.  I am seriously considering getting tickets for the show in Norfolk on the 17th and taking leave on the 18th and 19th.

Treat yourself. You deserve to xxx.

• Like 1

I had no idea they had a Bandcamp and had to verify it was real.  So that's pretty cool and I'm all for that being their theme.

EDIT:  The more I hear this the more I really, really love it.  I so want to get on a time machine and play this while driving down Miami circa 1985.  Oh, and maybe look like Don Johnson while I'm at it for good measure.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
14 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

To be fair, the Midnight’s rip-off is actually way better than the original. They should’ve just completely re-did the rip-off. But then who owns it? I’ve never heard a version of it that wasn’t pulled from TV.

I thought Jim Cornette let his copy of it be leaked out long ago.

So if Kevin Steen shows up at the end of 2020, is that how they re-integrate the Codyverse with the Elite? Because if they do a non-surprise announcement that he's signed, it makes perfect storyline sense that The Elite, the Nightmare Factory, possibly even the Inner Circle and the Dark Order (Uno/Dos faction) might be expecting that he'd be on their side.

10 minutes ago, AxB said:

So if Kevin Steen shows up at the end of 2020, is that how they re-integrate the Codyverse with the Elite? Because if they do a non-surprise announcement that he's signed, it makes perfect storyline sense that The Elite, the Nightmare Factory, possibly even the Inner Circle and the Dark Order (Uno/Dos faction) might be expecting that he'd be on their side.

Sami Zayn's contract ends in October*. If he signs (and I truly fucking hope he does), the angle of "eventually he needs a surprise partner for help" writes itself. 

*Edit to say that I read this a while back and upon a recent internet search, most people think his contract is up in Spring 2022 ?

Edited by christopher.annino
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Sami Zayn's contract ends in October*. If he signs (and I truly fucking hope he does), the angle of "eventually he needs a surprise partner for help" writes itself. 

*Edit to say that I read this a while back and upon a recent internet search, most people think his contract is up in Spring 2022 ?

I wanted Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn to team up after their WWE singles feuds to go on and hold a set of tag team titles there to go with the ones won as Steen/Generico on the independent wrestling promotions.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jiji said:

Confirmed confirmed. 

Beat makes me think I'm about to hear "oh my God, Becky. Look at her butt!" 

I like it and I can't deny that.

...and on the subject of that theme, it was awesome, but just like Jungle Boy's version of Tarzan Boy isn't the original mix, but rather mordernized and improved version with some heavier guitars mixed in, this could have used some hair metal style riffs in the background to keep it firmly in the 80's, but make it a bit less of a complete rip-off! Mind you, I have no problem with complete rip-offs of good/great songs if they are also done well enough.

And on another note, it still is kinda amusing that these two Tully-sized Arns would pay homage to The Midnight Express with their gear and theme. Does that qualify as "ironic" , even if they are being totally serious about it? Is "an ironic coincidence" a thing?

Edited by Shartnado
Musings...

YouTube version of the FTR new theme. It’s an interesting mix of The Chase, the Midnights’ NWA/WCW unlicensed rip-off. And oddly works for a soundtrack for an 80s drug cartel movie or TV show. I could totally picture a coked out Tony Montana dancing to this in some disco trying to hit on Elvira Hancock.

I’ll give the devil his due. AEW finally did something right.

Edited by cubbymark
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

Britt has to have had one of the best years ever in wrestling.  I don't just mean like good matches, but going from being very ok to becoming a huge star in a short amount of time. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, AxB said:

What's Steen's connection to the Nightmare Factory?

1 minute ago, Log said:

Britt has to have had one of the best years ever in wrestling.  I don't just mean like good matches, but going from being very ok to becoming a huge star in a short amount of time. 

Hell of a rise and rate of improvements. One of AEW's biggest stars.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Log said:

What's Steen's connection to the Nightmare Factory?

When Cody left the WWE, it was Kevin Steen who told the Bucks "Take care of this guy". Their natural response was to dislike him, and not give him a chance.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AxB said:

it makes perfect storyline sense that The Elite, the Nightmare Factory, possibly even the Inner Circle and the Dark Order (Uno/Dos faction) might be expecting that he'd be on their side.

He will side with 2point0 and their son.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2