DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEP 2021

The Natural

Maybe they could try and do a Lethal Lottery and find a middle ground between the two modes WCW seemed to always book it in.

1.) These teams are so random maybe they actually did really draw names out of a hat.

2.) Every match either has regular tag partners or best friends against each other, or two guys in a feud forced to team up, nobody could buy for one second this was a random draw.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Maybe they could try and do a Lethal Lottery and find a middle ground between the two modes WCW seemed to always book it in.

1.) These teams are so random maybe they actually did really draw names out of a hat.

2.) Every match either has regular tag partners or best friends against each other, or two guys in a feud forced to team up, nobody could buy for one second this was a random draw.

I thought that for the first Lethal Lottery or at least one of them that they actually did go with totally random teams and it was just a complete shitshow. Maybe I'm just remembering something incorrectly from an old 83 Weeks podcast. 

I feel like it's almost impossible to fuck a Lethal Lottery up with a shoot draw, so long as you have a good roster of over people, which they certainly do.

Since I love stuff like this I mocked one up, just picking 16 people who they would probably book in this. And think of the names I left out! This is what I pulled out of the metaphorical hat:

MJF and Ricky Starks Vs Pac and Orange Cassidy
Nick Jackson and Andrade El Idolo Vs Eddie Kingston and Powerhouse Hobbs
Christian and Adam Cole Vs Matt Jackson and Cody Rhodes
Lance Archer and Sammy Guevara Vs Darby Allin and Jon Moxley

Tell me that wouldn't be awesome.

Edited by Yo-Yo's Roomie
  • Like 6

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
7 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Tbh, if youve tried playing that thing, you probably wouldn't wanna read all that copy either. I had high hopes, but it's very weird and very buggy. I know Kenny Omega said in the past that the console game probably wouldn't have a GM-style mode, but I'm really hoping they reconsider that position now that Elite GM has been out for a while.

Whenever I did ad reads, I wasn't reading two paragraphs of copy. Period. If I can't get through your copy in 15 seconds without having to speed talk like a John Moschitta protege, it needs to be tightened up. Two paragraphs? Goodness.

Forgot about this. Chuckled at Mr. Brodie Lee not acknowledging John Silver as Silver usually annoyed him on BTE.

Lee: "Why is it always fucking something with Silver?!"

Reynolds: "He's just a kid."

Lee: "I have an 8 year old and he's not a fucking idiot!"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Darius Lockhart is definitely an new entrant in my boy stable. LOVED his match and work. Entrance gear needs a little work, though.

Didn't he come out with the Black Panther-esque beret and glasses? Haven't watched Dark yet but that's his thing.

I wonder if AEW calls an audible around Adam Hangman Page and the AEW World Championship. We thought it was going to be All Out then Full Gear for Adam Page's coronation. Do AEW strike when the iron's hot and do Omega vs. Danielson II and Bryan wins? Does Omega win and Page beats him for it at Revolution 2022? You can't keep on delaying and miss the timing. Do AEW hold onto Danielson/Omega II?

6 hours ago, Jiji said:

TK, for the love of all that is good, please let it be you that swayed Jungle Kyona away from Stardom. ?

I honestly don’t think he even knows who that is.

good for her by the way. She is probably the best worker they’ve ever had, but I also can see why they never pushed her ultimately. It also didn’t help that while she went down with both the injuries and depression, they ended up finding about 20 other attractive women with superstar potential to sign. So her chances of being in the top 5 pushed stars of the company completely fell apart.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Now, see?   The DO breakup tease angle that we all called turned out to be fucking awesome! 

We got some pretty good singles, tags and trios matches from the guys wrestling each other as well as other opponents, we got to see the birth of Alan Angels, Superworker (that Koji Cluctch, tho!), Uno and Stu starting killing dudes with the PK Piledriver finish that IIRC they used to use as the Super Smash Brothers, and we got the tearful reconciliation in Rochester along with Uno transforming into a eleven year old kid while withering under the angry mom gaze of Jim Huber's widow.

So let's have AEW Trios belts already so that DO can defend them under Freebird rules.

• Like 4

I am kinda thinking it has run its course.  The litmus test of audience reaction shows that no one wants them to break up into factions and they definitely don't want any of them to turn heel.  I would not tempt fate by continuing to tease the break up after last night's show and DO has gotten the shot in the arm it needed after this infighting feud.  Alan Angels has definitely shown that he's not just the other mask wearing Dark Order member.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3

Pretty much every match with DO members against each other had a tepid response with chants of "Please don't fight"  It seemed like a message not just to the wrestlers but also a plea to not split them up.  The way they pay things off I would imagine this is what will bring them back together.  They may still work out some minor issues but I think when Page comes back that will further solidify their bond.

• Like 3

Yeah, sometimes you gotta just run stuff up the flagpole and see who salutes.   A lot of good things came out of that booking and now I really don't think that they need any sort of leadership figure.  They seem to work much better as a cadre united by the guiding spirit of the Exalted One, unlike the Elite which definitely needs an alpha wolf to work.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, (BP) said:

The day after All Out, my brother got us tickets for next week’s Dynamite. I’ve been tempering my expectations, but I didn’t realize that it’s the second anniversary episode. So far the card looks dope. 

What an episode to get. Enjoy!

• Thanks 1