DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEP 2021

The Natural

1 hour ago, (BP) said:

I’m going to spend the rest of the day thinking about The Night Kimona Wanalaya Danced on Top of the ECW Arena! 

Do you have any thoughts about the Historic Battle of the Bam Bams?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On Homelander: "There is kind of a parallel in characters in terms of my goody-two-shoes nature not always sitting that great with wrestling fans. I can be the good guy but they don't have to cheer me. They can do whatever they like. I mean it's a wrestling fan, you can do whatever you want. "

Perfect reading of Homelander. No notes. 

Good interview. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I was too emotional to think about it after finding out Terry Funk retired and wrestled his last match against Bret Hart at Wrestlefest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mall of America would probably have to foot part of the bill.

Honestly they are probably desperate for anything to bring people into that waste of space.

Watch them convince AEW to run it if they give Cody his first food court restaurant. Cody Rhodes Nightmare Family Pasta Dinner!

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

A friend of mine went to the Mall of America years ago, and his description has always stuck with me.

He said it felt like being in a Flintstones' cartoon when they'd run and the background would just repeat behind them. He said he felt like he kept passing the same three stores over and over.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Do you really want me to repost my King of Trios joke from the Discord?

What do you call the King of Trios team of Terry Gordy, Crusher Yurkov and Jimmy Del Ray?

Spoiler

Bam Bam Gigolo

Edited by AxB
  • Like 3
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1

Main Event was decent for Dark standards.  I did not expect Sydal and Martin to win.  Nick Comoroto did not cheat to win for his team.

Lockhart vs. Starks should've been the main event.  Starks having to counter Lockhart's science with brawling and shortcuts because he could not counter the technique was a compelling story.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

Excalibur casually mentioned on Dark that Kiera Hogan had "recently signed" with AEW, so that's cool, very glad for her.

Thought Santana Garrett looked great in her little opening backstage bit with Diamante, looking forward to them next week. Also dug the Cezar/Jaoude tag team.

• Like 5

Ricky Starks vs Darius Lockhart was like the FTR vs Rogers/Green match from last week. A long, competitive match that wasn't the squash you were expecting. They should probably consider signing Darius, he's really good.

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Excalibur casually mentioned on Dark that Kiera Hogan had "recently signed" with AEW, so that's cool, very glad for her.

Yay! I'm so incredibly happy for her especially when thinking about that conversation when she was unsure about her future in Impact. She's definitely somebody worth having around. 

And one match in I need to see tons more of Lockhart. I know he's facing Moriarty so I'll have to keep an eye out for that one. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Leonidas said:

Anybody know when the series 9 of AEW figures are being released? A quick googling didn't give me any joy. Want to pick me up a Thunder Rosa figure. Don't have the cash to buy all, just buy my favourites.

6 is in stores right now. I’m assuming 7 will drop this or next weekend. That Lance Archer looks siiiiiiick. I’m getting out of the Mattel game, but staying w AEW figs. 9 probably won’t be out until next spring. 

• Like 2