DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEP 2021

The Natural

Love the news. Steen is the right call should he be making the jump, though I would imagine he'd be a heel so that complicates things a wee bit. 

New BTE is short, which is good, but still featured Nemeth, which is not. I bring the episods up for two things though:

1) "Batista?"

2) "So you're a failed D1 athlete? THAT'S why you're a wrestler! That's how you do it!" 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

When are we getting a Darkside of The Ring about the creation of that thing? Will they get stand-in’s?

The part of JT will be played by Denzel Washington.

The part of David Bixenspan will be played by David Bixenspan.

Edited by J.T.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Holy shit, you guys were serious.

This is not the way I wanted to be famous.

."The VICE news desk tried repeatedly to contact JT and ask him about his involvement in the Sleaze Thread.  He has not returned any of our phone calls."

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Holy shit, you guys were serious.

This is not the way I wanted to be famous.

That guy is a content thief, I found that out months earlier. Only posted it in these boards though, because of DVDVR board omerta.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, elizium said:

Can't wait for Dark Side of the Ring: Glass Bottom Boat

With our luck, the DVDVR Sleaze Thread episode of Dark Side of the Ring will be like that Slender Man Murders doc that HBO did that interviewed everyone BUT Victor Surge (the fucking creator of Slender Man).

Edited by J.T.

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

With our luck, the DVDVR Sleaze Thread episode of Dark Side of the Ring will be like that Slender Man Murders doc that HBO did that interviewed everyone BUT Victor Surge (the fucking creator of Slender Man).

Not really a response to this, but TK has talked about the Sleaze Thread in a couple different places now. One was on Phil's Way of the Blade podcast. He also talked about it on an episode of AEW Unleashed and on Busted Radio, maybe? He's at least not shy about that contribution.

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

When are we getting a Darkside of The Ring about the creation of that thing? Will they get stand-in’s?

38 minutes ago, elizium said:

Can't wait for Dark Side of the Ring: Glass Bottom Boat

I hope they hire a really sexy dude when they do a reenactment of whomever photoshopped Duggan holding a dildo blender.  ?

Edited by Technico Support
  • Haha 8

Oh man, possibly reading between the lines, but it kinda sounds like Janela was a user here as well? At the very least, he too is aware of the sleaze thread. 

It's funny how this seems to come up once a month now.

And yeah, I so want a DSotR episode about the Sleaze Thread with JR and others reading verbatim about some of these stories.

"Bah god...a...dildo blender? Sounds bowling shoe ugly."

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Not really a response to this, but TK has talked about the Sleaze Thread in a couple different places now. One was on Phil's Way of the Blade podcast. He also talked about it on an episode of AEW Unleashed and on Busted Radio, maybe? He's at least not shy about that contribution.

He was on Way of the Blade, and Phil called Coach Tony K. Which completely failed to draw any kind of "That's not my name" reaction.

• Like 1

Just now, AxB said:

He was on Way of the Blade, and Phil called Coach Tony K. Which completely failed to draw any kind of "That's not my name" reaction.

Yeah, I know that. I just can't remember if he specifically mentioned the sleaze thread or not. I know for a fact I've heard TK talk about that thread and I'm pretty sure at least one time was on some panel with Excalibur.

12 minutes ago, AxB said:

Oh. Also. Subscribe to Way of the Blade. It's pretty good and Dean was on last week.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Infinit said:

No fucking way! Why did you stop making the videos??

Honestly, the videos weren't even my idea. One of my dads co-workers, his son was a big wrestling fan too. He was about 19-20 and I was 15 when that video was made. We shot all of them at his house and he did the post-production and all of that. The reason being, I would go over to his house to watch wrestling PPVs (he would get a bunch of his other friends to come over as well) and we would watch the shows. Well I was at his house posting on here during the "breaking news about Randy Orton at One Night Stand" where I got banned from here. I told them all what happened and he had the brilliant idea of shooting a video on it.

Regardless, I got a lot of shit from other places because of that too lol I never wanted to really be a meme about the whole thing but kind of accepted it for what it was because it's about the only thing the wrestling community knows me for. However, I'm 30 now so I've just grown up and away from it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4