DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEP 2021

The Natural

Does anyone know if the taping schedule for Dark is posted anywhere? I’ve found myself in a unique position of having a trip to Universal Studios sprung on me for this upcoming week, and I was hoping to catch a taping while I was there. I know they just had one so they’ve probably got a month’s worth in the can already, but I figured I’d ask. 

13 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Does anyone know if the taping schedule for Dark is posted anywhere? I’ve found myself in a unique position of having a trip to Universal Studios sprung on me for this upcoming week, and I was hoping to catch a taping while I was there. I know they just had one so they’ve probably got a month’s worth in the can already, but I figured I’d ask. 

If you go through this guys tweets, he basically reveals the entire line-up of matches.

They apparently taped 51 matches, and went through 8 in an hour of programming. If they produce these episodes exactly like that, they’ll have around 6 weeks of Dark. But I have this feeling that they will burn through some of these matches a lot quicker, if they feel that they are a little too long in the tooth. Regardless you might have to join the fan club or something because by the time I heard that they were selling tickets for these shows, they were gone. so unless they expand seating, these tickets will be hard to come by.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ultimo Necro said:

I don’t recognise those guys but I  hope that tag teams name is literally “These Gentlemen”.

- “…and their opponents, currently in the ring, ‘THESE GENTLEMEN!!!!!’”

They should do heel poetry too.

These Gentlemen two
Have a poem for you
And we hope that you all will listen.

Do you know what it's worth?
how much oil and work?
To keep muscles like these all aglisten?

Of course you do not
overweight, full of snot
with your underachieving family

How could you know
when you live in a pit like Toledo [hold for booos]
and you drive a 2000 camry.

Edited by piranesi
  • Like 4
  • Haha 8

In the 80s, all wrestlers had jobs. Or at least, their gimmick was that they were a race car driver or a trash collector or an evil Gym Teacher or something. And now 30 years later, it's come full circle. Only with shoot jobs this time.

Is Butcher's work job supposed to be that he's an actual butcher?

54 minutes ago, AxB said:

In the 80s, all wrestlers had jobs. Or at least, their gimmick was that they were a race car driver or a trash collector or an evil Gym Teacher or something. And now 30 years later, it's come full circle. Only with shoot jobs this time.

well they did imply that when MJF went to that butcher shop to hire Butcher/Blade/Bunny as a goon squad during the (Cody?) feud

2 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

There was a Shida vs. Nevaeh match taped for this past Elevation, but sadly did not get aired. Was hoping to see Nevaeh get a shot here after her Impact run, similar to how quickly Kiera Hogan came in for some shows. 

supposedly Nevaeh was sandbagging Shida and wasn’t very professional.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, AxB said:

I mean, they don't exactly shy away from his work in ETID, so maybe he butchers as a hobby when he's not touring. Like a passion project for him when he isn't playing guitar or being a pro wrestler. 

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

So… given Dark Side of the Ring, we’re all in agreement that Flair isn’t the guy for Andrade and that Khan should open the Forbidden Door to MLW to get Dario Cueto, right?

I'm so happy that Dark Side of the Ring aired if just to hopefully be the last thing to put the kibosh on bringing Ric in. 

This is why it would be cool if promotions could work out contract trades. Trade for Zelina Vega. We'll give you Brian Cage and a player to be named later for her.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AxB said:

My interpretation was that Butcher and Blade were (are?) mercenaries with a butcher shop being the 'front' business where you go to contact them. So while they do actual butcher work, its the way they launder the money from the illicit business. The characters are a little muddy in that they have added in S&M apparel (especially Blade and Bunny) and the association with the Hardy Family which its unclear if Matt is paying them or vice versa like how he is explicitly taking money from Private Party.

• Like 7

S&M ring gear aside, the way they dress outside of the ring perfectly lines up with most new butchers I've seen. Hipsters isn't the right word for them, but it's the only thing that comes to mind. It's another one of those jobs that younger people have started moving back to and it's lots of people with beards or fancy mustaches, large gauge rings, sleeves of tats, suspenders, etc.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2