DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEP 2021

The Natural

Looking forward to see how they produce Dark today since they’ll be airing the Universal footage. I heard there was no live  commentary present at the show. So that means a lot of post work. Probably less awkward ADR edits too. What I love is for there to be in between segments with the host leading into the matches like if it was Prime Time, now that they can play with so much pre-recorded footage. 51 matches to be exact. Hopefully 50% of the enhancement roster didn’t murder their entire families for the next five weeks, or so to make that footage unusable.

I think statistically that’s almost impossible to avoid. At least one person in that taping will probably do something bad by the end of airing that footage. It’s like statistically 0.02% of people attending a theme park are or have killed a person at some point. It’s a very unavoidable situation.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

God.  Penelope Ford is VASTLY IMPROVED~!  If Kip Sabian ever returns, he and Ford should probably hook up with HFO.

There is not enough love for the return of The Butcher and the Blade as a tag team.

Lee Moriarty vs. Daniel Garcia was a fucking CLINIC~!   It probably should've mained.  Nyla vs. Skye Blue kinda suffered because it had to follow that epic.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Nyla vs. Skye Blue kinda suffered because it had to follow that epic.

I was actually somewhat impressed by that one. It was definitely short, and didn’t really show exactly what Skye could do in a big match situation, but you could tell she has the ability to be a natural in the ring. I didn’t expect that after three matches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Hopefully 50% of the enhancement roster didn’t murder their entire families for the next five weeks, or so to make that footage unusable.

Maybe we should hope that NEVER happens? I don't think AEW would go "Phew, dodged THAT bullet! " if the above scenario played out 6 weeks from now. But yeah, with that much material in the can , there's a risk that some of it doesn't age well. 

One thing they should not have to worry about, though, is WWE poaching their enhancement talent out of spite. Usually, this could be the case, but at the moment, I would not worry about it so much.

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I was actually somewhat impressed by that one. It was definitely short, and didn’t really show exactly what Skye could do in a big match situation, but you could tell she has the ability to be a natural in the ring. I didn’t expect that after three matches.

Skye did well for what she had to work with and Nyla was not as sloppy as usual.  I probably would have received it better had it not followed the Garcia / Moriarty contest of greatness.

An idea for Daniel Garcia… Have him be a hired gun. Like he won’t win all the matches, but by the time you are done wrestling with him you’ll walk away with a really bad limp. 

maybe the Elite pay him to hurt Brian in a match coming up, and it leads to him going into the title match with a really fucked up injury that ends up costing him the win. Then that goes into a grudge match against Garcia at the next pay-per-view.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

An idea for Daniel Garcia… Have him be a hired gun. Like he won’t win all the matches, but by the time you are done wrestling with him you’ll walk away with a really bad limp. 

maybe the Elite pay him to hurt Brian in a match coming up, and it leads to him going into the title match with a really fucked up injury that ends up costing him the win. Then that goes into a grudge match against Garcia at the next pay-per-view.

You could almost say like a…Hitman. 

3 hours ago, punkenhead said:

Yeah, curse Vickie and that nun costume making me feel stuff below the title belt. 

Yep, that's definitely one reason why I like their skits much better than the HH stuff.  That and we love her and Nyla.  But I honestly hope they finish the HH stuff soon.  I skimmed through one of them and it was an immediate fast forward from then on.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

Motherfucker...I'm going to get tickets for Wednesday and I know something is going to come up...

EDIT: I mean, I'm already at er for my mom, my daughter has been born, my other daughter can be a walking calamity...I'm going to go with some kind of weather event. Maybe flooding rain or something. Or everyone in the house having noro or pink eye. 

Edited by Craig H

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

Business picked up for Wednesday night 

Hopefully, we get a post-match brawl with Suzuki and Archer to lead into the Queens show. That would make me feel better about being at this show. Honestly, I was pretty underwhelmed by the three matches that had already been announced.

Spears' promos alongside his in ring have been top notch.  Also, just wanna reiterate what a great move that corner-multiple-knee-strikes is. 

The Road To segments are a weekly treat.

Dark was fun from what I skimmed.  The regular set looks a touch hokey in that smaller enviro.  Would have prefered a simpler more subtle set-up, but it's fine.  I was a bit wary of the Universal studios crowd, but they seemed a'ight.  

Nice 2.0 competitive squash.  From the get go these guys have been really impressive.  I'd love to see them by hook or by crook score the upset win over Moxley/Kingston.  And then find themselves in the tag title picture. 

Also, I'm game for Hirsch-Jade.  Jade's getting better.  Fun squash on Dark.  Still not into the packaging alongside Sterling, but they've at least built some chemistry.  Mostly I don't like how Sterling standing beside her diminishes her height and stature.  Also, only caught highlights but Hirsch-King looked solid. 

And great to see Big 'Butch' back in the fold.  Love him.   

Edited by HarryArchieGus

Shawn Spears is the Randy Orton of AEW. Wrestlers love him because he executes everything perfectly, and he's so solid. Fans find him boooooooooring.

• Like 3