DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEP 2021

The Natural

I’d rather they just use Flair as an elder statesmen/ambassador. But if they insist on using him as a coach they should play up the gig freak psycho sundowning Ric persona and have his team be the new Oddities. Give him Chaos Project, Commoroto, and Marko as the new Lil Naitch. 

• Like 2

I would very much like to see Flair do at least one segment with the Wingmen. I do wonder if they wait until after the Dark Side episode before bringing him in, if they are indeed intending to bring him in at all.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Jiji said:

I would very much like to see Flair do at least one segment with the Wingmen. I do wonder if they wait until after the Dark Side episode before bringing him in, if they are indeed intending to bring him in at all.

Flair coaching the Wingmen about exposing themselves to unwilling women, how to drop racial slurs, and the best ways to scam Highspots out of money, just really getting into it as the Wingmen exchange panicked glances, would be some sweet edgy, postmodern humor

• Haha 7
  • Sad 2

I usually find BTE insufferable, but Adam Cole’s bit where he’d never seen an episode of AEW and had no idea what the Bullet Club has been up to got me. 

“The craziest thing I found out today, you guys started this wrestling company?!” 

• Haha 3

I have been wondering if MJF was doing the zero-effort cheap heat stuff ironically or if he wasn’t really that talented, and I think it’s clear that he really isn’t that talented. The delivery of the words out of his mouth signifies talent and gets people thinking “wow what a prospect,” but the actual nature of the promos tell me to get him off my TV.

It’s the heel promo equivalent of flippy shit for the sake of doing flippy shit. It sucks.

• Thanks 1

Speaking of things not good with AEW, the FTW title is near the top of that list and in no way does it warrant a ladder made between a dude that the crowd doesn't care much about and another guy who is a future pillar of the company that has a fucked up neck.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Krone Meltzer said:

You know who I think would be perfect to beat Miro?

A freshly turned face Wardlow. Granted, we may need the MJF vs. Wardlow feud first, but a face War-dog may just be what the doctor ordered.

That could be good. Wardlow's one of those guys everyone's talked about as a potential future top act for a while now and they've done so little with him. I feel like I should be more invested by now since he's in theory many things I like, but he's been on the bottom rungs of a feud with ten guys in it where his main dance partner has been Jake Hager. Those are some slim pickings and the results haven't shined. Long past time to see him get something to sink his teeth into, and anyone getting a shot at Miro right now is that sort deal. 

Honestly, I count it as a flaw of AEW's philosophy that we didn't get more combinations of that faction war in the ring. If Rampage had been around then, Wardlow vs Sammy could have been a nice high-profile power vs speed match and carried the hour. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Honestly, I count it as a flaw of AEW's philosophy that we didn't get more combinations of that faction war in the ring. If Rampage had been around then, Wardlow vs Sammy could have been a nice high-profile power vs speed match and carried the hour. 

I would really like to know why those guys are hardly working matches. But I think I know with Santana. That dudes arm looks messed up. Similar to Marufuji’s arm. The rest I’m not sure about. But something needs to be done with all of them. I hope it’s just the company biding time until they get to a feud between The Elite & The Inner Circle.

The Pinnacle I don’t know. I fantasy booked in my mind The Elite turning face after Kenny loses the belt, and faces The Pinnacle with a heel Cody Rhodes leading them as revenge against his old pals. But that seems too far out. The Elite gaining steam killed that teams momentum. You can tell which EVP’s currently have the ear TK when you see which angles are getting top priority.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs