DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEP 2021

The Natural

Speaking of Arthur Ashe, I'm watching the US Open Women's final right now. This building is going to look incredible for wrestling.

Also, AEW sold more tickets than Tennis did. Some of the fans are dressed as chairs.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Speaking of Arthur Ashe, I'm watching the US Open Women's final right now. This building is going to look incredible for wrestling.

Also, AEW sold more tickets than Tennis did. Some of the fans are dressed as chairs.

Women’s finals, and two non-house hold names doesn’t help.

I expect the men’s final to be sold out tomorrow.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
5 hours ago, Greggulator said:

I have spent way too much of my life in e-feds. This gives me full credibility when I state that Darby Allin is the most e-fed wrestler of all-time. Everything about him looks like an application for a majority of e-fed characters in the 00s. To wit:

1) Insane loveseat.

2) Half face-paint

3) Comes out to some kind of dark music (although in e-feds it would be some Nine Inch Nails derivative and not The Misfits)

4) “Formerly homeless skateboarder who has internal struggles” is the ultimate in a one-line e-fed biography

5) Has a mentor in an established older veteran character

6) NEVER GIVES UP is his number one listed strength

7) TRIES TO DO TOO MUCH is his primary listed weakness

None of this is a bad thing. But he is absolutely an e-fed character come to life.

I mean, convert #7 to "gets tired from kicking too much ass" and I could see it.

EDIT: That is a joke for exactly two people on this board and I'm not sorry.

Edited by Stefanie the Human

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
3 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Dont forget, he also might kick so much ass sometimes, that it might result in a disqualification.

How could I be so silly? That's such a weakness. Almost as much of a weakness as being so stubborn about not submitting that he might get injured!

That studio set up looks pretty cool. I'm fan of a dark set up visually, I liked when in the 90's ECW,WCW and even WWF darkened the color and used grey canvases and black ring ropes. I feel it puts the attention on the wrestlers like going to a theatre where the stage is black. By contrast the Thunderdome is an eyesore

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Dark taping spoiler:

Hide contents

We're getting Mox/King vs Suzuki/Archer at Arthur Ashe

*stares at the purchased ticket for the show*

Excuse me:

HOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLYYYYY SHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I'm losing my goddamn mind over here. 

• Like 10

19 hours ago, AxB said:

Have any of you tried to actually "dress as chairs" for a wrestling event as a joke? I don't know exactly how that would happen, though? Maybe a T-shirt with a very large empty chair print in the front, or something

19 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

Have any of you tried to actually "dress as chairs" for a wrestling event as a joke? I don't know exactly how that would happen, though? Maybe a T-shirt with a very large empty chair print in the front, or something

I remember before all the novelty shirt websites popped up, somebody actually put up a Dolphin Stadium(Before it became Hard Rock Stadium) seat shirt, that made you cammo into a chair. It even had the seat number you’d see on the face of the chair. This was a perfect item of clothing for when the Marlins played there at one point.

• Like 1

I think a better comparison for Archer would be 911, if all he's doing is chokeslamming dudes and being over. Another comparison (and one I might've made before) is Hook looking like 1988 Sean Penn. If he can harness THAT type of hostility then he really will be a star. One thing though, kid: don't play with your hair in the ring. Then again, that is fairly heelish...

Hook's got it all.  The world is his oyster. 

Archer is a nice improvement on 911, but I much prefer the effect of Edgar Winter Group's 'Frankenstein' as a theme to the 90s-mall-punk-emo-shit that Lance flaunts.  In a sane and just world, Lance would beat the shit out of that band, their horrible singer and every fan of them. 

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Hook's got it all.  The world is his oyster. 

Archer is a nice improvement on 911, but I much prefer the effect of Edgar Winter Group's 'Frankenstein' as a theme to the 90s-mall-punk-emo-shit that Lance flaunts.  In a sane and just world, Lance would beat the shit out of that band, their horrible singer and every fan of them. 

Well, I guess I would be down to watching Archer beat up Edgar Winter, that whole group of his and a bunch of their fans, but as we know, world isn't sane and just.

• Like 1

On the Brian Cage topic, I always felt his Impact Champion run was his best work where he often worked more from underneath, babyface overcoming injury/the odds and finding a way to win worked surprisingly well for him. His match with Michael Elgin from Slammiversary 2019 is maybe my favorite of his. 

So, assuming that Ric Flair will play JJ Dillon to Andrade's Ric Flair, who else rounds out the group? I don't see the Lucha Bros. turning heel, but would be intrigued (as others have mentioned) with PAC turning on the LB and aligning with Andrade. That leaves a couple of open spots. Are there any non-American tag-teams or singles that could be a part of Horsemen International?

I was sure he was Canadian. The Teddy Hart thing threw me.

Back go the drawing board. International Tag Team to join Andrade's Horsepeople. Kevin Steen and El Generico would be good. Canada and Mexico.